Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission. For more details on the association: http://www.handicap-international.fr/en/s/index.html
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Based in Sana’a Base, under the direct management of the Field Coordinator, organize and ensure an efficient logistical support in the base and check the follow up of all HI procedures (Fleet, Procurement, Stock management, Fleet management, Equipment follow up and general logistics) with the staff under your responsibility and supervise all related activities, by managing logistic team
- Be the focal point for all logistical aspects in Sana’a Base.
- Ensure the respect of HI procedures, such as: Fleet management, Purchases and stock management, Premises management, IT, Equipment follow up;
- Provide logistics support and advice to project staff to ensure a smooth project implementation,
- Refer to line manager for technical aspects related to the logistics activities;
Line manager: Field Coordinator
Team Managed: logistics assistant
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
1.1 Scope of responsibilities:
- Ensure that Handicap International and donors procurement rules are respected.
- Find attractive suppliers and negotiate contracts with them (prices, delivery time, and payment terms) and make sure that Handicap International is benefiting from the best deals available on the market.
- Recommends contract adjustments and provide assistance for the preparation of new contracts before seeking approval of the Logistics Manager / Logistics Coordinator.
- Make a first analysis of the purchase file which requires the Logistics Manager approval.
- Ensure that Procurement and Service follow up is initiated, maintained and updated.
- Ensure that Contract Follow up is updated and sufficiently followed to make sure that deadlines for payment are respected.
- Working in close collaboration with the Logistics Manager to share updates regarding the orders ongoing.
- Check the quotations received from suppliers; prepare the Summary Analysis Bid and the Purchase Order.
For specific items, make a sample analysis in order to have a quality validation by the Project Manager or by a technical advisor.
- Conducts market surveys for frame contracts for the Mission.
- Initiate and develop supplier database to be shared with the rest of the logistics departments.
Identify new suppliers and make a permanent research of new sources of supply that could benefit the Organization
- Create and update every three month a Price list.
- Make sure that requests are processed in a timely manner and according to the procedure.
- Provide support to the Logistics Manager and Logistics Coordinator to prepare call for tenders.
- Coordinate with the Fleet department to organize the consignment of good to the fields.
- Verify the consignment is well arrived at the final destination and collect the documentation to settle the payment accordingly.
1.2 Administrative compliance of purchases files:
- Ensure the adequate filling of purchases files: signatures, presence and validity of the documents, in order to guarantee accurate traceability of all purchases throughout the supply chain.
- Make sure that original invoices presented to Administration department got all mandatory information.
- Block the purchases when a signature is missing or a document is not complying with the Handicap International rules.
- Check the PSR prior to purchasing; ensure that all the validations are done before the purchase order is sent to the supplier
- Inform the Logistics Manager when, in a closed purchase file, signatures are missing or a document is not complying with Handicap International rules.
2. Logistic tasks
- Global management of the base in terms of Fleet management, Supply management and general Logistics management.
- Provide logistics support and advice to Program staff to ensure a smooth program implementation. Frequent movements have to be expected outside the base;
- Improve if needed the process (purchase, stock, fleet management… etc) and ensure their application
- Ensure the daily management of your team (leaves, attendance, meeting, weekly objectives);
- Be vigilant regarding your staff’s knowledge of and compliance with the internal rules and regulations; especially with the ethics dispositions regarding respect of the beneficiaries
- Propose whenever you think it is needed to the Logistics Coordinator relevant adaptation of the organisational chart and job descriptions (responsibility definition, etc.);
- Ensure the daily management of your team (job description, introduction briefing, action plan, objectives, coordination meeting, individual follow up meeting, individual support, training, appraisals, etc..)Recruitment: ensure the recruitment of your team according to HI HR rules in cooperation with Logistic and Field Coordinators;
- Ensure the respect of HI purchase procedure, training, and monitoring should it be needed;
- Implement procurement procedures for the project and organise the different stages in the local purchasing of goods and services : market surveys, ordering, monitoring, receipt, conformity checks
- Ensure that the Purchasing Procedure is implemented, understood and respected on your base;
- Ensure the quality of the purchase and respect of the delivery deadlines;
- Organize the planning of the purchases and define the priorities of the items needed by the applicants to orientate the work of your team;
- Ensure that the purchases meet the needs, cost, quality & delivery time requirements, having in mind quality and sustainability of the purchased items;
- Ensure follow up of the order/purchase until delivery;
- Control the quantities ordered and received and quality compliance with the support of the applicant if needed;
- Validate purchases according to validation level chart;
- Ensure a regular and smooth communication with the Administrative department to prepare the supplier payments, documents hand-over and expenses follow-up
- Ensure professional relationships with suppliers;
- Ensure regular follow up of all contracts and their renewal / extension signed on time
- Ensure the PSR follow-up is updated regularly by the Supply officer and ensure it is spread on bi-weekly basis to the program team. Ensure that the collected purchase documents are compliant with HI procedures;
- Ensure that the archiving of these documents is clear and ready for external audits;
- For international purchase, support the Logistic Coordinator and facilitate the custom clearance until delivery of the items
- Ensure the respect and understanding of HI stock management procedure and tools;
- Ensure inventories are done regularly (weekly, bi-weekly and monthly basis) for the different items stored within the mission (projects and logistic items), and ensure stock report is shared with program teams on weekly basis.
- Ensure a good level of stock for logistics related items. Ensure an optimal storage conditions;
- Ensure the storage management procedures are respected : Stock items request, stock cards, Delivery Notes
- Crosscheck regularly the data between deliveries from warehouse and projects data (delivery note) and support the project team on the reconciliation process between the items delivered to the partners and the donation certificates received, ensure that the documents are matching
- Ensure the safety measures and assets are installed and functioning with reporting to Field Co if any abnormalities .
Vehicle management and movements
- Ensure the respect of HI vehicle management procedure; log books, use of the vehicles…
- Supervise the general follow up of vehicles (consumption checks, movement planning, movement tracking, etc.)
- Ensure regular maintenance of different vehicles together is done, setup appropriate maintenance contract with supplier or ensure an appropriate repair process and services follow-ups with car rental company(s);
- Transport contract negotiation with suppliers and follow up, as well as fuel supply contract with fuel stations
- Ensure that the monthly fleet database follow-up is properly and accurately filled out;;
- Ensure the respect of Fleet Management rules (including security rules applicable to vehicle movements) and that the related tools are properly used (Movement Plan, Log Books);
- Define the more relevant means of transportation for passengers and goods according to project needs;
- Ensure a proper coordination of movement plans and security;
- Ensure that fuel consumption report is done regularly, cross-check the data
- Define the more relevant means of transport for goods delivery and process the administrative formalities related to (by road, by plane, by boat, etc.).
IT and equipment management:
- Ensure the security and the accurate follow up of the equipment used on the mission (identification, inventory, affectation, equipment files)
- Ensure that the equipment list (EMC and small material) is regularly updated, that the different certificates are created, and properly archived
- Inform and sensitize the user of their responsibility, including signing for material - Train (or supervise the training) users on how to properly use the equipment if needed;
- Ensure that the backup of all data on all the computers is done by each department in the hard disk weekly keeping secured all data and passwords handed over by staff have ended their contracts .
- Responsible of installation and performing minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications
- Ensure a regular maintenance of equipment for the whole office, with internal or external actors;
- Manage contracts with service providers to ensure continuity of communication means (internet, phone)
- Ensure that the documents related to equipment management are compliant with HI policy;
- Ensure the adequate maintenance of accommodations, office and the compound;
- Ensure the supply of energy and water in the premises as well as other running costs;
- Plan the request in advance for all stock material needs in offices and accommodations
- Ensure that premises meet the minimum safety and security requirements for instance security light, fire extinguisher, fence... material is good working order and applicable with the context
- Follow up rental contracts and manage the relation with owners in cooperation with Logistics Coordinator;
- Take active part in needs assessment and propose solutions in term of premises;
- Insure the premises are in accordance with HI standards in collaboration with the Logistics Coordinator.
Training / reporting
- Train the staff under your supervision on HI procedures and tools
- Report on a monthly basis, inventories, follow up tools (TSA, EMC, VFU, GFU) and provide weekly and monthly narrative report to the Logistic Coordinator;
- Attend weekly coordination meeting;
- Attend logistical meetings with other INGOs and/or actors in your area;
- Immediate feedback in case of incident and/or security information
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
JOB CHARACTERISTICS / REQUIREMENTS:
- University degree in logistic or supply Chain or similar field
- 2-5 years work experience in a similar field with INGOs is essential
Skills and Competencies
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic mandatory
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Strong communication, presentation and reporting skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Global knowledge on Humanitarian principles, protection mainstreaming, is desirable
Willingness and ability
- Travel in and around Aden and other governorates on occasion, stay overnight outside of Aden City (where operations are presently based) as field movement requires
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
- The salary will be defined according to HI’s existing salary scale
- Based in Sana’a, with frequent movements to the field
- Start: ASAP
- 30 day leave/year + benefits (transport allowance, health insurance, life insurance)
- The working hours are the following: 8:00 to 16:30 (with 30 minutes lunch break) from Sunday to Thursday.
- Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemen labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
Any breach of the above-mentioned responsibilities, of the Internal Regulation or of Terms and Conditions of Engagement may be sanctioned by a written warning or immediate dismissal if appropriate.
- Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter in English, with the reference in the email subject: YEME/HR/2019/PROG/LOGOFFICER/SANA’A BASE+Applicant full name
Deadline for applications is 11:30 pm on Tuesday, February 19th , 2019.
- Please include at least three references (stating the names of your Line Managers and an HR member for each reference), copies of Experience Certificates, and a copy of your national ID in your application.
- Please address all applications to: email@example.com
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Handicap International, is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.