Ended Logistics Assistant
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission. For more details on the association: http://www.handicap-international.fr/en/s/index.html
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Ensure an efficient logistics support to the activities based in Sana’a by supporting the Logistics Officer in terms of Fleet, Stock and Premises management in collaboration with the rest of the logistics department and the programs.
Line manager: Logistics/Supply Officer
Line manager +1: Field Coordinator
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
- Ensure that drivers comply with HI Fleet rules and procedures.
- Manage the fleet of Sana’a and between the bases: trip requests, weekly movement plans, etc.
- Ensure a smooth supervision of the drivers in San’a, according to HR policies and Internal Regulation (weekly meetings, motivation of the team, days off management, etc.).
- Organize and communicate the Weekly Movement Plan based on the movements validated by the Field Security Officer,
- Update the Weekly Plan and share the updates after every change.
- Make sure that the fleet is able to meet the needs of projects and respects security procedures,
- Prepare a monthly report to his/her line manager regarding: Fleet, premises and offices, all operational issues,
- Coordinate with the fuel supplier, car rental companies and taxi companies. Collect and ensure the reconciliation of all documents regarding fuel consumption (fuel voucher, logbook, petrol station detailed invoice…)
- Manage the vehicles needs in Sana’a,
- Make sure that each HI vehicle is equipped with the necessary items and documents (insurance, first aid kit, etc.).
- Make sure that the Security Vehicles identified are ready at all time in case of evacuation with a full tank and the predefined equipments.
- Check the vehicle log books are in place and are properly used,
- Follow up the daily and weekly checks consistently,
- Report the needs of vehicle to the maintenance service,
- Communicate the security information to the drivers upon request from the Line Manager.
- Brief every driver on his/her duties and security rules.
- Update the Vehicle Monitoring Chart and report to the Logistics Manager any unusual point.
- Provide a monthly report for the use of the fleet.
Office and Guesthouse management:
- Ensure that Office and Guesthouse got what is needed to ensure welfare of users,
- Refer to the supply assistant the purchases needed according to HI procedures,
- Supervise and organise the needed maintenance actions reported by users in guesthouses and offices for direct action,
- Make sure that the offices and guesthouses are kept clean at all times,
- Be able to make small reparation in Office and Guest House for general tasks / find contractor able to deal with specific tasks (plumber, electrician) when needed.
- Plan the request in advance for all welfare stock material needs in offices and accommodations,
- Inventory set up/follow up of the premises and offices in terms of welfare and sanitary consumables.
- Make sure that the electrical installation of the Office and Guest House is running smoothly. It includes ensuring a regular maintenance of the generator, training of the team on the use of back up batteries, etc.
- Ensure the respect of HI stock management procedure (stock request, stock cards, inputs/outputs, etc.)
- Ensure reception and release of goods,
- Ensure good storage standards,
- Ensure the security and the follow up of the equipment used on the mission (identification, inventory, affectation, equipment files)
- Ensure the physical inventory of the stock in Sana’a.
Participate in editing the monthly report for the Logistics department:
- Provide the line manager a weekly activity report and forecast related to the weekly objectives achieved.
- Edit the weekly meeting minutes to his/her line manager, when requested.
Maintain Security Level:
- Inform his superiors of any information that may affect travel and security.
- Make sure all drivers know the roads, used secure roads and respect the security driving rules
- Make sure that the premises reach and keep needed standards to maintain the best safety level possible.
Human Ressource And Team Management
- Organize and supervising the work of his team.
Reporting & Analysis
- Sent on weekly basis the Vehicle and service follow up to the Logistics Manager,
- Sent on weekly basis the stock report to the Logistics Manager,
- Prepare report after each field visit and propose action plan with solution if needed.
JOB CHARACTERISTICS / REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 2 years of experience in logistics department in sub-office of INGO
- Minimum BA in technical field (computer sciences, business administration, engineering, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in supply chain management and fleet management
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy, in particular Excel knowledge is a must) and good knowledge on computer soft and hardware
- Native Arabic - Excellent written and spoken English
- Highly motivated, eager to learn and hard worker
- Holder of a valid Yemeni driving license (since minimum 1 year)
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of HI
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
- The salary will be defined according to HI’s existing salary scale
- Based in Sana’a, with frequent movements to the field
- Start: ASAP
- 30 day leave/year + benefits (transport allowance, health insurance, life insurance)
- The working hours are the following: 8:00 to 16:30 (with 30 minutes lunch break) from Sunday to Thursday.
- Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemen labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
Any breach of the above-mentioned responsibilities, of the Internal Regulation or of Terms and Conditions of Engagement may be sanctioned by a written warning or immediate dismissal if appropriate.
- Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter in English, with the reference in the email subject: YEME/HR/2019/PROG/LogAssistant/SANA’A BASE+Applicant full name
Deadline for applications is 11:30 pm on Tuesday, February 19th , 2019.
- Please include at least three references (stating the names of your Line Managers and an HR member for each reference), copies of Experience Certificates, and a copy of your national ID in your application.
- Please address all applications to: email@example.com
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Handicap International, is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates, including persons living with disabilities