Ended FSL Project Assistant
FSL Project Assistant – Hodeida(Bajil)
Save the Children International (SCI) Yemen Country Programme has an annual budget of around USD 70 million and growing, working mainly on the humanitarian response to the ongoing conflict and its impact including more recently on the cholera outbreak. The SCI Yemen has over 700 staff and 1500 volunteers and works in nine governorates in the north and south of the country through seven field offices and two sub-offices in addition to the main office in Sana’a.
The FSL Project Assistant will ensure the coordination and successful implementation of food security and livelihoods activities (software) in the area(s) of project intervention S/he is assigned. With a focus towards livelihoods and food security disaster, s/he will oversee the implementation of Cash for Work (CFW) project activities and household livelihoods skill training activities on Agriculture productivity and Animal husbandry in the targeted communities. S/he will be responsible for timely implementation and monitoring of project activities and reporting progresses.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Follow up on time implementation of all FSL activities in assigned areas under close coordination with the direct supervisor.
- Coordinate with the community for conducting community sensitisation meetings/workshops to the project’s objectives, activities, and selection criteria on the area level.
- Follow up implementation of FSL activities with the established Community Development Committees (CDC).
- Coordinate with targeted communities for conducting of the beneficiary selection, registration and verification process.
- Pay attention to ideas and information from field visits, which may assist in future project ideas. Such information to be included in regular project reports to the direct supervisor.
- Send daily reports to the direct supervisor including detailed and accurate data concerning all activities assigned as well as addresses progress, specific challenges and successes.
- Ensure quality photos are taken in the field and shared in the reports.
- Respect time within working hours, meeting deadlines, and other requests from direct supervisor or Program Manager.
- Assist in carrying out needed assessments and data collection from the targeted areas.
- Assist in data entry and ensure the quality of information collected.
- Cooperate with other sector field workers: WASH, Health & Nutrition and Child Protection to ensure proper integration and coordination.
- Participate in regular feedback sessions on all implementation findings.
- To ensure and evaluate project progress in order to capture and share learning from what has been done, and to facilitate a culture of continuous individual and organizational learning.
- Take lead in the supervision of CFW activities.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Secondary school with at least two years working experience on development projects;
- Experience in emergency response RRM and cash transfer.
- Experience in field data collection.
- Experience in verification and accountability.
- Very good at using Excel and other MS Office applications
- Good coordination skills.
- Ability to work with a team and individually.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to improve and work in stressful and instable environment.
- Good written English and ability to write good quality reports.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions quickly and independently.
- Willingness to travel as required within Yemen; willingness to live in remote and isolated environments.
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work across Yemen, in cooperation with all sides of the conflict.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs to: Hodeida.email@example.com
please mention the Job title and Location in the subject of the email.
The deadline for receiving applications is 15/2/2019