Multimedia Coordinator – Country Office ( Sana’a)
The Multimedia Coordinator, based in the Sana’a Office, will manage all media content, including social media content, produced in Yemen.
S/he will be key to implementing and managing a range of exciting multimedia projects including but not limited to the creation of internal and external communication and marketing material.
S/he will provide film and audio support to all field offices ensuring broadcasting quality content is collected for global and local media exposures and campaigns. S/he will also be responsible for crafting all graphics artwork for internal reports and social media.
S/He will also have delegated sign off responsibility for all branding and visibility products produced by CO staff and will have responsibility to train the relevant teams to ensure they have the right level of knowledge and skills to produce branding and visibility products according to SCI standards and polices.
S/he will be working in rapid-onset or slow-onset emergencies and will deliver excellent coverage that reflects country programs and provides it to the media, key stakeholders, partners, fundraisers and members across Save the Children International.
The Multimedia Coordinator will ensure adherence to policy and procedure that the rights of families and children are respected in all materials produced and disseminated (voice, photo, video, written).
S/he will help to build a social media profile in order to support the broader objectives of the in-country program delivery in raising the profile of Save the Children’s work in Yemen.
Key areas of accountability:
Multimedia: Video and Photos
- Collect high quality video stories, audio and photos for global and local campaigns, donors and SC members.
- Edit video stories for social media.
- Produce photo essays for social media.
- Repurpose video not used in campaigns on multimedia platforms.
- Produce short films for results-based donor reports.
- Ensure all content complies with SC policy and procedure (consent forms on file and available)
- Field Travel as needed to support in information collection and communications documentation. Includes interview of beneficiaries.
- Train the Field Comms Officers and relevant field team to improve their ability to collect content from the field
Communications and Media
- Provide visual content for external and internal communications during emergencies.
- Manage all SC Yemen’s photography, video and communication materials created in Yemen.
- Tailor communication style to certain audiences ensuring branding and visibility protocols followed.
- Produce and host media and communication national and regional training workshop material.
- Adhere to media and communications policies and procedures in Yemen.
- Provide Graphic Design and communication product support for SC offices including but not limited to logos, booklets, posters, newsletters and calendars and diaries.
- Build graphics, slides, audio, videos, and/or animation for social and online media.
Social Media Sites:
- Help manage content, monitor posts to social media sites including Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Audioboo, Blogging sites.
- Ensure Save the Children policy and procedure is followed for all information shared.
- Remove and report any inappropriate content.
- Manage, create and repurpose content.
- Ensure a consistent look and feel across the Web site by promoting uniform fonts, formatting, icons, images, and layout.
- Find, diagnose, and fix Web site problems, including broken links (both internal and external), typographical errors, and formatting inconsistencies.
- Create and maintain an archive for Web site templates and images.
- Receive and respond to all e-mail messages for the Webmaster.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- Link to SCI to promote SC Yemen activities and get additional coverage internally.
- Other responsibilities as delegated by the M&C Manager or the AMC Director
- B.A degree with 3 years experience in Graphic Design, Photography
- Knowledge of relevant design programs for manipulation of information, drawing, etc.
- Flexible, open and willing to support team and change responsibilities as needed
- Supporting all program of designing materials such as posters, booklets, newsletters and brochures.
- Managing and creating multimedia design work
- Producing and managing social media content
- Proven experience of developing communications materials including videos and video editing. Produce accurate, clear and consistent information and communication outputs relating to both programme support and humanitarian situation
- Proven experience in coaching and training
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Evidence of excellent English verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of different audiences including donors, journalists and the ‘general public’ and fluency in Arabic.
- Ability to deliver high-quality photographs from affected communities across programs and projects
- Excellent IT skills, especially in Microsoft Word, technical aptitude in MS Office, web publication using Photoshop or Image Ready
- Evidence of content developed within the past 6 months
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion. Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment and interest in Save the Children's mission, vision and values. In particular, a good understanding of Save the Children mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
All CVs to be sent through our account firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.