Ended Nutrition Manager
Position: Nutrition Manager
Report to: Snr Nutrition Manager/ Nutrition Coordinator
Manages: CMAM/ IYCF program
Duty Station: Al-Dhalea
Contract duration: 6 Months
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world's leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people hit by war and natural disasters globally. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of legal rights for the vulnerable and displaced, IRC aims to accompany people on their journey from harm to home
Scope of Work :
Under the supervision of IRC Yemen’s Nutrition Coordinator and Senior Nutrition Manager Yemen, the Nutrition Manager will be responsible for the planning, implementation and monitoring of the Nutrition Program activities in Al-Dhalea and Lahj governorates. The Nutrition Manager will work closely with the Health Manager, EH and WPE/GE Managers and other senior staffs of the health, EH WPE/GE team as well as with EH, supply chain, Human Resource and finance department to ensure effective implementation of the Nutrition program. The Nutrition Manager will be based in Al-Dhalea and perform frequent visits to the field sites in Al-Dhalea and Lahj governorates
Coordination and Representation
- Plan and coordinate IRC Yemen nutrition interventions in Al-Dhalea and Lahj Governorates.
- Collaborate with other sectors to ensure a holistic approach in line with IRC’s Program Framework principles and IRC Yemen integrated program.
- Represent IRC to UN, international and national NGOs, and Ministry of Public Health and Population (MOPHP) on nutrition forums
- Represent IRC in the Nutrition Cluster or Sub-cluster.
- Oversee implementation of grants and management of budgets, including budget forecasting, development of spending plans, reviewing BvA and provide suggestions for necessary adjustment as needed.
Technical Monitoring and Program Quality
- Provide technical supervision of, and technical support to IRC nutrition programming activities.
- Ensure that nutrition program utilize standardized protocols, policies and guidelines, as prescribed by the Ministry of Health and WHO/UNICEF.
- Ensure that all nutrition activities are consistent with established best practices.
- Oversee the collection and timely reporting of data and statistics for nutrition program in line with national, internal and donor requirements.
- Ensure appropriate follow-up and decision-making on data relevant to IRC nutrition programs.
- Ensure good coordination with the health, WPE/GE and EH teams.
- Ensure all stakeholders, including IRC, MoPHP and donors are provided with updates, following the established reporting structures.
- Assist the Nutrition Coordinator and Senior Nutrition Manager to develop all grant start up and close out documents according to IRC’s policies and guideline
- Monitor evolving needs of the target communities and adjust the programmatic priorities as necessary.
- Participate in the development of an IRC Nutrition Program strategy, in line with IRC Yemen Country Strategic Planning.
- Identify opportunities for program development.
- Participate/Lead in the assessments exercises as a basis for nutrition program development.
- Participate in development of project proposals including development of logical frameworks and appropriate, realistic and measurable indicators for the IRC Yemen Nutrition Program under the supervision and guidance of Nutrition Coordinator
- Ensure/facilitate the ongoing capacity building of national health staff, supportive supervision and undertake staff performance evaluations and individual development plans.
- Insure appropriate support by coaching through regular field visits.
- Recruit and manage staff as necessary, according to IRC Yemen policies and procedures.
Required qualification and experience
- Professional degree, preferably at the University degree in Medicine (desirable in Public Health) or advanced degree (Master) in nutrition (preferred)
- Three years professional experience in managing nutrition programs, and/or primary health care programs
- Experience nutrition or health program management
- Experience developing staff capacity
- Experience conducting assessments, preferably using participatory approaches and /or SMART and SQUEAC surveys will be an added advantage.
- Ability to write clear and concise periodic reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually) to meet required reporting deadlines.
- Able to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Competence with Windows, Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in unstable security environments
- Proficient in English language (written and spoken) and in Arabic language (spoken) is required.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English to Aden.email@example.com not later than 24 February 2019 putting Nutrition Manager as the email subject to be considered.