Mercy Corps is a leading international non-governmental humanitarian agency with a global mission to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Mercy Corps Yemen would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position Title: MEL Assistant
Number of Vacancy: 1
Duty Station: Al-Dhalea
Position Category: Full-time 0 AND Regular 0
Duration of Assignment: 4 Months
Deadline : Feb-16-2019
Mercy Corps seeks to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression around the world and has worked in the Middle East since the 1980s and currently has offices in Yemen, Lebanon, Palestine, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Egypt and Turkey. In response to acute and increasing humanitarian needs in Yemen, Mercy Corps opened its office in Yemen in 2010. Primary program interventions include water, sanitation and hygiene; food security and nutrition; and livelihood support. Mercy Corps also develops value chains within the agriculture sector. Strategies to enhance the resilience of communities to the harsh environmental and social conditions in the country cut across the portfolio. The country program works to pivot its programming in response to exacerbated humanitarian need following from the airstrikes on Yemen which began in March 2015.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The MEL Assistant is a key position on Mercy Corps’ Global Affairs Canada (GAC)-funded Emergency Response for IDPs, Returnees and Conflict-Affected Communities in Yemen that will be implemented in Lahj and Al-Dhale’e Governorates. The programme aims to support conflict-affected populations with essential water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services and livelihoods support. The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Assistant will collect and analyze relevant data in order for the team to measure program impact and ensure compliance with the MC Minimum Standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Frequent field visits to conduct an on-going data collection process through interviews with beneficiary households and other stakeholders and ensure high-quality data is collected in accordance with the agreed time plan and data collection strategy.
• Participate in baseline, midline, and end line surveys as required
• Enter monitoring data into computer-based data collection system according to schedule, and or supervise this process
• In coordination with the MEL Officer, analyze and summarize data, and help ensure high-quality reporting for regular, interim and final reports.
• Support an on-going process of beneficiary verification.
• Monitor distributions and market prices in the local market as requested.
• Work with MEL Officer to track that program-based monitoring activities are being performed according to schedule
• Work with the MEL Officer to implement directed research projects
• Work in collaboration with the MEL Officer to provide timely reports and data summaries
• Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to the organization and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
• Watch and report on any new needs arising in the project target areas.
• Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO Senior MEL Officer.
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH GAC Program Team, Other Program Teams
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• A university degree in relevant field is required.
• Experience working within an international NGO is preferred.
• Understanding of the social, political and economic context of Al-Dhale’e.
• Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
• Strong oral and written English skills.
• Ability to think independently and problem solve.
• Ability to interpret figures.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Honest, hardworking and committed to community development.
The successful MEL Assistant will have an outstanding ability to mobilize community for data collection. S/he should have ability to undertake multiple tasks and be flexible. S/he should have problem solving skills and pay attention to details. The most successful Mercy Corps staff members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and changing environments with an appropriate sense of humor and make effective written and verbal communication a priority in all situations
Please note that Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. As a result, Mercy Corps Yemen recruits staff members based on the qualifications for the position, without regard to tribal affiliation, race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, disability, HIV status, marital status, or any other characteristic that may be protected by law.
- Please if you are interesting send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please mention in the email subject the position and location you apply for it.