Ended Head of Programs
Position: Head of Programs
Starting Date: ASAP
Application starting Date: 10 February 2019
Application Deadline: 14 February 2019
VHI is an international NGO, with its head office based in Germany. Vision Hope’s work is focused in Yemen, Syria, Jordan, Tunisia, and Germany, with plans to begin projects in Palestine and Lebanon. Recent and ongoing projects in Yemen. In keeping with the goal of creating sustainable development, the projects are run mostly by local individuals who are already members of the community being transformed. For more information about our organization please visit our website: www.vision-hope.org.
Head of Programs is responsible for organizing programs and activities for VHI. He/ She will be tasked with developing programs to support the organization's strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals. He/ She will be in charge of developing budgets and operating plans for programs and writing program funding proposals.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of VHI.
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of VHI.
- Creating and managing long-term goals.
- Developing budgets and operating plan for the program.
- Developing evaluating method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Writing program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including satisfaction, safety, quality and team member performance.
- Implementing, managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Opening new channels with donors and networking with them. Follow up the submission of project proposals and contact with financiers as needed, in coordination with the CR.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyzing program risks.
- Proposing plans and programs for public executing and projects.
- Monitoring work progress; Establishing projects' general budget, defining its resources and financing and following up execution;
- Monitoring project implementation at various stages, assessing progress in implementation, identifying obstacles and problems, and taking action to avoid and resolve them.
- Supervising the technical and administrative aspects of the subordinates, evaluating their performance and achievements, and proposing programs to enhance their knowledge and develop their abilities. Develop procedures and ensure safety and occupational health and public facilities.
- Act as a coordinator for an organization’s projects. They supervise and organize activities and ensure that project goals align with the VHI’s objectives.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
• University degree at least bachelor (in Management, Social Science, International Development, Disaster Management, Public Health or any related field; preferably obtaining a relevant Master Degree.
• INGO working experience not less than five years in a similar and/or managerial position.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English.
• Proven record of experience/ expertise in project management, monitoring and impact assessment.
• Proven experience and ability of drafting and developing concept notes and full proposals.
• Ability to network and develop linkages with INGOs, Government agencies, Institutional donors and other stakeholders.
• Proven technical competencies in the design of development and emergency intervention programs as well as sound financial skills (e.g., budgeting).
• Positive approach to problem solving.
• Field work experience.
• Demonstrated ability for strategic thinking and analysis.
• Applicants should be excellent team players, and be willing to work in a multi-cultural team, displaying cultural sensitivity and a sound understanding of gender.
• Applicants should have the ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, work efficiently under pressure and in stressful circumstances, and meet short deadlines.
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, outlook).
• Understanding of the principles of Core Humanitarian standards preferred.
- Download and Fill VHI Hiring Form from below.
- Documents to be submitted in English: Cover letter, CV and VHI hiring Form.
- How to send the application: by e-mail to Recruitment.Yemen@vision-hope.org (applications delivered by hand will be not considered), Please write the job title and location in the Subject Field of your email.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date.
Note: only filled forms will be considered as candidates.
VHI is an equal opportunity Employer. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.