Ended Audiovisual Producer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Audiovisual Producer 1
Contract type : Open Ended
Number of Posts : 1 Post
Duty Station : Sana’a
Audiovisual Producer 1 supports the ICRC's public communication work by producing, promoting and distributing audiovisual news material for broadcasters and digital content (web videos, photography, etc.). S/he advises on the best methods (including use of news footage and social videos) to support key campaigns and initiatives.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Plans, produces (from the concept stage to the final product, including commissioning content, carrying out film missions and scriptwriting), promotes and distributes communication products that target television and digital news broadcasters.
- Produces web-optimized content in specific languages to engage with key web audiences.
- Supports and coaches communication staff in audiovisual techniques and ensures that audiovisual information management procedures are defined and respected.
- Develops and maintains a network of external contacts with broadcasters, agencies and other platforms.
- Keeps abreast of technological developments and latest trends, contributes to analysing content trends, new media and technical innovations, and informs supervisors and colleagues concerned.
- Ensures proper planning, sharing, storage and final archiving of audiovisual materials, in coordination with the relevant headquarters units.
- Regularly reviews the effectiveness and impact of ICRC public communication activities and oversees monitoring of key issues related to how the ICRC is perceived in traditional and social media.
- Provides coaching and guidance on public communication to staff in field structures and other departments.
- Artistic, communications, marketing or journalism background or university degree or specialized technical diploma.
- Excellent computer knowledge and ability to run specific video production software (e.g. Final Cut Pro).
- Fluent command of English
Professional Experience Required
- Minimum 3 years' experience in audiovisual production, including in emerging technologies.
- Skilled computer user of content/design tools (Photoshop, Final Cut Pro).
- Familiar with the basics of social media, web distribution, and search-engine optimization to ensure content is seen by key audiences.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
Interested candidates should send the following:
- A letter of motivation in English
- A detailed C.V. in English
- Copy only of the highest academic degree obtained + Work certificates
Please send your applications by email to: email@example.com
Indicating in the subject line:Audiovisual Producer 1
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 17.02.2019