Ended Admin Officer
The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the Admin functions and responsibilities for the South area including (Aden, Al Turbah and Al Mukah).
- Generic responsibilities
- These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated support admin functions portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status admin reports as required by the Support Manager.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the HR functions.
- Specific responsibilities
- These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Take overall responsibility in management of Office, guesthouse and admin support staff in accordance to NRC policy and procedures.
- Be responsible of staff and visitors visas, resident, work permit, flight & boat bookings, transport and accommodations that will involve maintain proper documentation and doing the relevant payment reconciliation.
- Deliver administrative induction for all new staff and ensure all SOPs for office and guesthouse are followed.
- Maintain an appropriate filing, retrieval and archiving system for the Office administration section.
- Ensure that the office stationary, office supplies and guesthouse supplies are order on time that involves raising purchasing requests.
- Be responsible for organizing NRC events such as seminars, meetings and workshops.
- Applying, supervising and monitoring aspects of the administration activities based on NRC policies, procedures and Country SOPs.
- Work closely with Support Manager to ensure administrative support functions are implemented efficiently and cost-effectively, ensure the services provided to programs are adequate and provide related recommendations to the management.
- Be responsible for all lease agreement and service contracts and liaise with finance to ensure timely renewals of Agreements as well process payment of utilities, lease agreements, telephone bills, casual labors, hotel invoices, travel agency invoices, etc.
- Ensure office reception is well managed, organized and attended to, at all times, receiving guests, directing them, as well as receiving and dispatching calls (i.e. seating, visibility, notice board, tidiness, etc.).
- Day to day management of the guesthouse including direct supervision of cleaners.
- Establish a filing & archive system, in correspondence with NRC global filing policy and procedure.
- Provide secretarial support such as typing, takings minutes, drafting letters, and translation of English or Arabic documents when needed.
- Fill in for the office assistant when not present.
- To report all administration activities in weekly/ monthly basis to the line manager.
- University degree in relevant discipline i.e. Business Administration, Management.
- Experience from working as a Support Function Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Minimum of 1 years of relevant work experience.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Documented oriented related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Wide knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector.
- A strong administrative service orientation.
- Keen sense of compliance with policy and procedure.
- Good employer-employee contract negotiation skills.
- Personal conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and team working skills.
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Basic employee counselling skills.
- Highly confidential.
- Good computer application skills.
- Ten Months with possibility of renewal upon funds availability.
- Travel: Approx 25 days travel
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application: