WASH Hygiene Promoters
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
JOB TITLE : WASH Hygiene Promoters – Alkhokha –Base opening
Number of positions : (4) positions
Location: AlKhokha –Base opening
Duration: Until 14-October 2019
Overall objective of position: Define the content, organize and conduct the hygiene promotion activities and hygiene kits/NFI distribution
Objective 1: Collect data / information about the targeted communities, health facilities and the lists of beneficiaries up to date.
- Participate in conduction of rapid needs assessment, baseline and endline KAP surveys,
- Conduct focus group discussions and key informant interviews to collect WASH data
- Define the resources required for delivering hygiene promotion in emergency
- Based on needs assessments, identify key hygiene promotion messages and communication strategies (songs, meeting, training, etc.)
- Identify the key community relays for delivering hygiene promotions, and provide them orientation and training
- Work with the WASH team leaders to identify key messages related to the maintenance of sanitation and water infrastructures
- Work towards identifying the specific needs of women, elderly and children and propose actions for addressing them
Objective 2 : Conduct hygiene promotion activities:
- Identify targeted partners within the communities: schools, hospitals, clinics, churches, etc..
- Apply the defined methodologies in the hygiene promotion awareness raising sessions ;
- Participate in elaborating a planning of awareness raising activities;
- Conduct training sessions for the community workers and/or targeted populations,
- Organise home visits and visits to the community (schools, hospitals, etc. ) to identify shortcomings in terms of hygiene and use of water ;
- Participate in preparing training modules for the promotion of hygiene with the social mobilization team leader ;
- Participate in developing teaching tools adapted to different audiences : songs, role games, meetings, training courses,
- Participate in evaluation missions and in distributing hygiene kits ;
- Write a summary of the activity reports ;
- Propose possible improvements
Requirements & Skills:
- BSc in public health, social/media studies or relevant field
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least two years relevant experience in the WASH field preferably with international organization.
- Capability to motivate and mobilize local communities,
- Skills in excel analysis and data base management,
- Good communication skills,
- Active and team working skills.
- Good Knowledge of the project area.
- Coordination skills
- From Khawkha
- Level of the position: Employees
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents.
Action Contre la Faim encourages women and persons with a disability to apply.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, Clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position + your Name in the email’s subject, to : firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 23rd February 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted