Ended Administrative Officer
Vacancy Announcement for National Personnel for the German International Cooperation / Peace Support Process to Yemen (PN 15.2152.5-002.00) implemented by the GIZ Office Sana’a.
The wide range of services offered by the Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH are based on a wealth of regional and technical expertise and on tried and tested management know–how. We are a German Federal enterprise and offer workable, sustainable and effective solutions in political, economic and social change processes. With immediate effect the GIZ Office Sana’a invites applications from qualified Yemeni nationals for the following position:
- Position: Administrative Officer
- End of Contract: 30.09.2021
- Post Location: Sana’a.
The Administrative Officer is responsible for
- Provide all supervising administrative services for the project;
- Perform the financial needs of the project independently, with a minimum of intervention;
- Ensure that financial and administrative regulations are complied with;
- Ensure that the service in the project is provided correctly and in accordance with GIZ financial management and accounting procedures (GIZ Rules and Regulations);
- Provide assistance and guidance on all subordinated administrative support staff;
- Support GIZ and partners in the identification and vetting of local partners in close cooperation with the GIZ Country Office;
- Safeguard compliance in regard to all contractual obligations of the project towards GIZ Office and partners and Eschborn in close cooperation with PD;
- Review local partner reports and report to GIZ and European Union in English and represent GIZ at relevant meetings and forums;
The Administrative Officer performs the following tasks:
- Maintains regular contact with PSY Senior Technical Officer in Sana’a Office and PD, especially regarding supervising administrative standards;
- Ensures that information is exchanged between project staff, partners and other institutions;
- Accompanies the STO or other team members to meetings if necessary;
- Prepares and organises internal meetings.
- Safeguards the compliance with all relevant administrative rules of GIZ (O+R) and safeguards these by crosschecking invoices, vouchers and receipts as factually correct up to the amount of 5.000 EUR per transaction;
- Organizes administrative and logistical aspects of project activities (meetings, administrative workshops etc.);
- Coordinates with the GIZ office and PSY office in Sana’a, Ibb and Aden on the mode of service delivery;
- Ensures that computers and software function properly;
- Monitors the availability of accessories and stocks and carries out procurement in accordance with guidelines (GIZ Rules and Regulations);
- Is responsible for filing documents in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules;
- Manages confidential files, specifically in the areas of personnel and finance.
- Monitors the development and implementation of project/programme plans with a special emphasis on financial activities in close consultation with PD, STO and counterparts;
- Supervises programme budget planning and expenditure reports;
- Monitors all expenses in accordance with the budget;
- Manages and monitors the monthly accounting and financial plans;
- Provides support and advise to subordinated administrative officers in country;
- Safeguards the project related financial management, such as cash withdrawals, keeping the cashbook, bank accounts, preparing and entering vouchers;
- Checks travel expense statements of staff for approval by the superior
- Initials cash withdrawals for various projects
- Carries out spot checks of the cash and bank book on behalf of STO and PD;
- Checks requests for funds before release
- Audits project partner accounting with an emphasis on LS and compliance.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in relevant specialisation and qualification in business administration desirable (equivalent of BA or MBA) or accounting.
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- very good knowledge of the European language widely used in the country, ideally a knowledge of English and/or German
- in-depth understanding of financial planning and accounting
- ability to drive 4-wheel vehicle with valid driving license.
- broad experience of management and administration
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Please write the full subject line as indicated below, and send your application (cover letter) and CV in English and Arabic to the following:
E-mail address: email@example.com
Subject Line: Application for Administrative Officer Post
Deadline for receipt applications is: 19.02.2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you be invited for interview, you will be asked to present all certificates mentioned in your CV. You will also be asked to provide two relevant professional references to be contacted.