Procurement Assistant - Aden
ZOA is a Netherlands based International NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on their RECOVERY until they can take care of their livelihoods. ZOA has been operational in Yemen since 2012, mainly focusing on WASH and Food security & Livelihoods interventions in Sana’a, Hajjah, Hodeidah, Al Mahwit and Aden Governorates. ZOA Yemen is currently seeking for national qualified candidates for:
Procurement assistant Aden – 1 position
The Procurement Assistant is responsible for supporting the procurement of goods and services within the procurement rules and guidelines of “ZOA Int. Yemen”. S/he will report to the logistic officer.
- Delivering quotations to suppliers, receiving quotations from suppliers, deliver purchase orders and contracts for signing to suppliers/ contractors
- Coordinate with logistic officer to initiate Invitations to Bid and collect quotations from suppliers as necessary.
- Coordinate and liaise with all ZOA Yemen departments in the offices and partner/implementing agencies to ensure the timely delivery of goods and services for the activities.
- Ensure all procurement activities are fully and transparently documented through purchase requests and purchase orders.
- Support the logistic Officer in management and control RFQs, Comparative Statements, Bid Analysis, Invoices, and Delivery Reports.
- Support the logistic Officer to control and manage all goods and supplies that are used by ZOA Yemen Office to enable the effective, timely, and cost-effective implementation of the activities.
- Organize and maintain computerized records containing vendor and bid information and ensure proper filing management system related to all Procurement processes.
- Support logistic Officer in facilitating bids Committee meetings.
- Support the logistic Officer in preparing and updating the work plan for procurement which are related to activities in collaboration with relevant program implementation staff.
- Ensure compliance with ZOA Yemen’ and/or donor’s policies and procedures.
Skills and competencies
- University degree preferably in (Supply chain management, Business administration) and/or related field and 2 year of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work across Yemen, in cooperation with all parties to the conflict.
- Ability to travel to remote locations and willingness to work long hours
Start date: as soon as possible, contract until 31st of December 2019 with possibility for extension
Please send your cover letter and CV, together with 3 recent references in English with reference to the applied position to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
PLEASE mention the JOB TITLE + LOCATION in the Subject Field of your email and Please mention your name in the uploading CV
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and only completed applications will be accepted
Deadline for application: 16th of February 2019