Ended Community Health/Integrated Community Case Management Manager
Job Title: Community Health/integrated Community Case Management Manager (CH/iCCM)
Country Program: Yemen
Location: Aden 80% and Sana’a 20%
Duration: Fixed Term
Salary Range and Band: 7-B
Start date: ASAP
Report to: Senior Health Manager
Supervise: Community Health and iCCM Officers/Assistants
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Community Health/Integrated Community Case Management is a sub-sector which comes under the over health sector of IRC Yemen Health program. The purpose of this sector is mainly to create health related awareness and health demand creation among the communities through trained Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) along with to decrease the high child mortality and morbidity rates in Yemen with Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses (diarrhea & pneumonia) by trained community-based health volunteers on iCCM.
Under the supervision of the Senior Health Manager and supported by the Health Coordinator, the CH/iCCM Manager shall be responsible for the overall planning, designing and implementation of Community Health section of Health sector. He/she shall be expected to monitor and contribute to the improvement and maintenance of public health performance indicators as per SPHERE/WHO/MoPHP/Donors and IRC standards at the community level in collaboration with the health Managers and Officers. The CH/iCCM Manager will be required to guide the CH/iCCM team, coordinate the efforts with Community Health Officer and other sub-sectors Managers/Officers and get his/her inputs to guide the delivery of community health services in line with the IRC strategic action plan for 2020.
The position is based in Aden 80% and Sana’a 20% and will require frequent visits to Abyan, Lahj, Al-Dhlea’a, Shabwa, Al-Hodeida, Amanat Al Asmah and Sana’a office whenever support is needed.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
- Under the supervision of the Senior Health Manager, implement the CH/iCCM program and ensure that program goals, objectives, targets and activities are met, as stated and agreed in the project work plan and log frame.
- Supervise, train and motivate CH/iCCM team in collaboration with the other sub-sector Health Managers at the field level (formal and informal).
- Analyze records, reports and activities information from the team and provide feedback to the team and supervisor on the progress of the project on a monthly basis. Ensure the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of the collected data
- Ensure timely/monthly submission of payments of incentives workers
- Ensure field visits at-least three days every week
- Facilitate the recruitment of CH/iCCM staffs.
- Ensure, the CH/iCCM team prepare regular weekly updates/reports and follow-up on its implementation.
- Develop/revise recording & reporting tools, quality checklists and feedback mechanism and follow up to guide the changes in achieving program targets over time.
- Ensure that the CH/iCCM program is utilizing standard protocols, policies and guidelines as prescribed by MoPHP and WHO
- Strengthen referral mechanisms between household levels with health facilities/MHTs where possible to ensure and increase access of individuals who need more health care.
- Undertake and ensure regular supervision and monitoring activities (Three days per week) related to CH/iCCM at village, district and governorate level. Share findings and recommendations with supervisor and other health units.
- In coordination with the pharmacist ensure proper availability and management of medicines, medical supplies and equipment used in iCCM project using pre-identified tool to track consumption and provide weekly reports.
- Participate and provide credible inputs in proposal development, budget preparation, procurement plan and spending planpreparations/submissions, project work plan as well as budget review process as relevant.
- In collaboration with supply chain, ensure availability of required logistic (transport) and timely supply of materials for the community activities.
- Active involvement in developing and implementing of needs assessments activities, baseline, and mid-term and end line surveys as required.
- Participate in developing/prioritization of information, education and communication (IEC) materials related to CH/iCCM, prioritize audience for the IEC, type of IEC materials and find ways how to communicate the information to the selected audiences.
- Arrange regular weekly/bi-weekly meetings with CH/iCCM teams, and attend other internal and external meetings as necessary and relevant.
- Undertake annual performance appraisal of the community health team and mid-term review as per the requirement of IRC national staff policy and procedures.
- Work closely with other sectors and/or departments within IRC especially with Nutrition and EH sectors as CHVs will be trained also on EH and Nutrition related messages and managerially managed by the CH/iCCM Manager.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with community leaders and stakeholders in the field.
- Represents IRC at coordination meetings, as designated by the Health Coordinator, or Field Coordinator
- Perform all other duties assigned by your supervisor/Health Coordinator relevant to this JD.
Required qualification and experience
- Master/Bachelor degree in community health, public health, health management or equivalent.
- Minimum three years work experience in community health, project design, implementation and monitoring of community health activities.
- Proven experience in community mobilization and awareness raising activities.
- Ability to validate and interpret health data.
- Experience in mentoring and training staff and/or partner organizations; experience of managing staff desirable.
- Good understanding of social organization at community level, community health issues
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Good understanding of budget management
- Excellent diplomatic and communication skills
- High standard of spoken and written Arabic and English
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experience working with online data collection tools and ICT platforms preferable
- Be able to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments
- Willing to travel frequently (daily) to different locations in Yemen.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English to Aden.email@example.com not later than 25 February 2019 putting Community Health/integrated Community Case Management Manager as the email subject to be considered.