Human Resources Assistant
Human Resources Assistant – (1 position)
Position Report to : Country HR Manager
Location: Sana’a, Yemen
To perform HR tasks to support delivery of a discrete work area, enabling those supported to be more effective
- Develop and maintain the Oxfam Sana’a staff leave plan by soliciting individual leave plans from staff, consolidate, seek staff verification and disseminate to staff; monitor leave utilization, update leave records and report on staff leave utilization on a monthly basis;
- Implement the Oxfam recruitment and selection processes through soliciting, receiving and filing applications in line with recruitment standards/ guidelines and come up with the long list.
- Draft invitation letters, schedule interviews, notify prospective candidates and organize interview venues/ materials in line with instructions from the line manager
- Maintain a record of all recruitment processes, and documents used during the recruitment and selection process
- Provide feedback to candidates and follow up references for successful candidates in line with the HR Policy
- Maintain up to date staff lists on a monthly basis and share with relevant stakeholders accordingly
- Maintain performance management records in line with the performance management cycle.
- Organize, maintain and update a comprehensive filing system and Oxfam human resource information (People soft) for HR related documents and reports. Implement and maintain / update a comprehensive filing guide for HR unit; maintain, follow up staff for information and update HR Files, and weed out old files in line with filing best-practices and personnel file checklists but also update the organizational charts of Sana’a office.
- Develop induction programs for new staff; maintain an annual staff learning and development calendar; Organize HR-related L&D initiatives/ events (by drafting invitation letters, scheduling interviews, notifying trainees and organizing venues/ materials in line with instructions from the line manager and the HR Policy); Maintain and update records (and staff personnel files) of all staff trainings carried out.
- Undertake appropriate Health & Safety assessments.
- Draft HR-related correspondences as instructed by my line manager
Skills and Competencies Required for this Role
- Detail oriented and good record keeper
- Able to draft standard letters and other written communications
- Good time management with ability to priorities
- Able to multi-task in dealing with all three components of the job
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in all aspects of working.
- Anticipates outcomes of activities and uses initiative to keep these activities on course.
- Has a good knowledge of the work of department and able to self start
- Written and spoken English essential.
- Proven ability to organize work effectively
- Computer literate, including word processing, databases/ spreadsheet use
- Experience in Administration
- Service oriented
- Achieving Results: Organization to Work Effectively; Drive to Achieve Results; Tenacity; Initiative
- Thinking & Understanding: Organizational Awareness; Knowledge Management; Analytical Thinking
- Self Management: Managing Emotions; Self Awareness; Adaptable & Flexible; Respect for Others
- Working Effectively With Others: Following; Supporting Others; Interpersonal Awareness; Communications; Influencing Others
- Leading Others: Delegation; Taking Charge
- Job Specific: Written and Verbal Arabic, and English.
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application: