Ended Biomedical Technician
VACANCY: BIOMEDICAL TECHNICIAN
Position status: Full-time
Location: Ad Dahi – Hodeida Governorate
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Be the focal person for biomedical equipment for MSF in Ad Dahi. Know and understand the technical details of the equipment, ensure it is correctly used and functioning well. Ensure good follow-up of cleaning, timely maintenance and correct repair.
- Must know the all biomedical devices present on the project(s). Must be able at any time to give the condition and location of this equipment.
- Understands the technical documentation, operating principle and use of each piece of biomedical equipment on the project/mission.
- Takes the lead in organising user training where required.
- Maintains the equipment files securely and ensures they are up-to-date; identification cards, maintenance forms, intervention requests, repair forms, guarantee certificates, etc…
- Create the maintenance schedule for the equipment park and ensure it is followed.
- Carry out preventive and curative maintenance works according to protocols/manuals.
- Record and file records of all maintenance (preventive and curative). The date of intervention, replaced parts, problems and solutions should be included.
- Report equipment failures identified by users. Make a first diagnosis and repair proposal to the supervisor.
- Create and regularly update the preventive maintenance schedule according to the advice of the support documentation, the manufacturer’s recommendations or the Biomedical Referent.
- Manages inventory of spare parts and avoid stock rupture by making regular and timely proposals for orders to his superior.
- In collaboration with pharmacy stock manager, ensures adequate stock of consumables for biomedical devices.
Diploma as Biomedical technician preferred
Diploma in mechanical or electrical engineering
Demonstrable technical skills and understanding
Experience in a technical field (Minimum 2 years experience)
Pedagogical (Teaching/Training) skills are an asset
Very Good English required
All interested applicants should submit an English CV, Cover letter , ID copy and supporting documents To: email@example.com
Email subject should be: “Biomed Tech - 2019_02”
Deadline for the submission of Applications is 5:00 PM on 17th February 2019
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted!