Ended Procurement Assistant
Position: Procurement Assistant
Location: IDPs - Hajja- UNCHR
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Duration: Till March 31, 2019, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The Procurement Assistant will be responsible but not limited to:
- Provide logistics support to Logistics staff based on agreed priorities.
- Provide data to monitor and evaluate the overall logistics performance in support of the programmes regarding procurement.
- Proceed the daily procurement requests from different departments on timely manner to meet the standard delivery lead time.
- Coordinate with procurement requesters, warehouse responsible, and suppliers on the reception of goods.
- Establish a good relation with suppliers, and build up a detailed suppliers’ database with their related documentations.
- Share and discuss any challenges with line manager on time to avoid any delay in providing the service for requesters.
- Assist in updating the Asset Register for Sana’a sub-office office.
- Establish a robust filing system for all procurement monthly reports, Framework contracts, and procurement files.
- Assist LO to analyse procurement Trackers Data on monthly basis to gauge the guidelines are in place.
- Track procurements including cargo movements and monitoring of supply “pipeline” to ensure more timely deliveries.
- Prepare the procurement weekly and monthly reports, and making sure to update the Procurement tracker on a daily basis to be up to date all the times.
- Do any other tasks related to the job title whenever asked by line manager.
The Store-keeper shall provide the Logistics Department with required regular monthly and periodically reports as requested.
Report any shortages, damages, losses, or any incidents in the warehouse immediately once whatever happens
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- College Diploma or certificate in Logistics, Warehouse management or general administrative activities
- At least 6 months experience in the field of logistics and warehousing with governmental or non-governmental organization
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Experience with computers - Microsoft Word and Excel plus email
- Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities
- Good written and spoken English.
- Ability to keep clear and concise records.
- Ability to plan ahead and stress-resilient
- Additional qualities: ability to multi-task, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility, adaptability to transitions
- Experience in managing warehouses with food and NFIs.
- Experience in managing inventories.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Sunday, February 17, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.