Deputy FSL Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL launches the internal /and external recruitment of a
BASE: Aden – Coordination Office
POSITION: Deputy FSL Coordinator
PRESENTATION OF THE ORGANIZATION
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) is an international humanitarian NGO which, for more than 40 years, has been providing assistance to populations affected by armed conflicts and natural disasters by meeting their vital needs for food, water and shelter. Particularly involved in the fight against diseases linked to unsafe water, the first cause of death in the world, SI's interventions provide expertise in the field of access to drinking water, sanitation and hygiene promotion, but also in the essential area of food security and livelihoods. Present in around twenty countries, SI's teams - 2000 people in total made up of expatriates, national staff, permanent staff at headquarters, and a few volunteers - work with professionalism and commitment while respecting cultures.
Solidarités International (SI) is determined to prevent and fight all type of abuse – all act of exploitation, abuse and/or sexual harassment (SEAH) against members of beneficiary communities or collaborators, fraud, corruption, violation of persons and/or property, funding of activities harmful to human rights – that could be perpetrated in the frame of its interventions. SI implements a zero-tolerance policy regarding acts of SEAH.
Solidarités International is an equitable employer committed to find all forms of discrimination. SI will ever ask for any remuneration to take part in a recruitment process.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
Goal/Purpose of the Position:
- The deputy FSL coordinator, as a support to the FSL coordinator of the mission, contributes to the development and quality implementation of Solidarités International sector-based strategy in the field of FSL.
- He/she specifically guarantees the quality and suitability of proposed technical approaches and ensures the appropriateness of FSL activities and general SI objectives to the needs of the local populations.
- He/she supports strengthening collaboration and coordination with external stakeholder such as other NGOs, clusters and CMWG Yemen and more particularly the operational monitoring of FSL programs implemented in the mission.
He/she contributes to the process of capitalization and the improvement of Solidarités International methods and techniques in the field of FSL.
List of Main Responsibilities:
Technical Support and Operational monitoring
- In close coordination with the FSL coordinator , support the development of a Food Security & Livelihood (FSL) strategy in accordance with SI’s policies and priorities for the Yemen mission. This entails supporting teams to develop programs through preparation of tools and conducting field surveys and needs assessments including in depth technical investigations in current and new areas of SI intervention and with the support of the FSL Coordinator, assists program managers in organizing periodic program review workshops and collating lessons leant and best practices for future programming.
- With support of the FSL coordinator , support the design, draft, and review internal and external FSL reports and FSL project proposals; and ensure the integration of cross-cutting approaches and the management of identified risks when writing project proposals.
- Support on developing logical framework for FSL components, including developing and review of indicators and tracking tools for activities and programs.
- Monitor indicators and activities of all the mission’s FSL projects, in close collaboration with the MEAL department, and adaptations of food security project plans.
- Confirm the relevance of any FSL assessments carried out and propose and organize diagnostic missions in the field of FSL
- Collect and aggregate program archives documents in formats approved by FSL Coordinator.
- Conduct primary review of the SI monthly project reporting form (APU) and submits to FSL Coordinator for secondary review.
- Provide input on technical FSL procurements at Aden level as may be requested by the Logistics Coordinator.
- Provide technical and methodological support to program managers for the planning and implementation of FSL activities.
- Propose the reorientation of FSL activities according to changing context.
- Ensure effective management of the various FSL programmatic components using well-established project management tools; streamline within department.
- Support the base teams on developing and ensuring the application of action plans and the methods of implementing food security and livelihoods projects in close collaboration with the FSL Teams, the Field Coordinators, and support departments while ensuring project deliverables and overall consistency of the project.
- Participate in the centralization and dissemination of procedures, guides, and tools(MoUs, ToRs) linked to FSL activities.
- Propose improvements to existing tools and procedures.
- In coordination with the technical unit in HQ, capitalize on the intervention methods and techniques, and on the experiences acquired by Solidarités International and other actors in this activity field.
- Assist Deputy Program Managers in identification of training needs for their teams, preparation of training modules for communities and project staff and in conducting the training.
- Assist Program Managers and field teams with preparation of fact sheets, case studies.
- Upon request, support on representing SI to key stakeholders, including local authorities, UN agencies, institutional donors, and government agencies as needed.
- Represent SI at food security coordination meetings and other FSL related working groups/sectors groups, meetings with authorities, visits from donors and partners.
- Support Grants unit in the identification of partners and actors for the implementation of FSL activities
- Participate in team and internal coordination meetings and in workshops organized at country level.
- Promote synergy with the WASH sector as well as coordination with Support sectors in Aden.
- Routinely reviews and collates relevant information and reports from FSAC, CMWG and Nutrition clusters/groups and re-packages them for the consumption of Program Managers and their teams. May be requested to represent SI in cluster and working group meetings
- Collates and reviews monthly FSAC reports from field offices and uploads them on FSAC platforms/share with national FSAC focal persons, following up to ensure that they are duly reflected on the Cluster 5Ws platforms.
The above list is a non-exhaustive one, nor limitative. You could be asked other responsibilities and tasks within the framework of the job on demand of the direct line manager.
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: FSL Coordinator
Line report(s): x
Functional manager: x
Functional report(s): No reports, but works directly with FSL Deputy Program Managers
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage time effectively.
- Good conceptual, analytical, organizing, and multitasking skills.
- An innovative disposition and notoriety or audacity to try the new and untested.
- Effective communication and diplomatic skills; communicating and providing feedback in an
- open and transparent manner.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to effectively engage with diverse
- Demonstrated commitment to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH).
- Willingness to work in complex and volatile security environments.
- Can work independently and manage their own outline, referring to supervisor for guidance
- on strategic and arising matters.
- Previous experience in designing and implementing emergency, early recovery and resilience
- programs at household, community, and institutional levels.
- Good knowledge of market based and humanitarian livelihood programing.
- Knowledge of rural Agro based programming and business development interventions.
- Skilled in preparation of assessment tools and conducting field level assessments and
- preparation of assessment reports.
- Desk experience in BOQs (Bill of Quantities) and budgeting.
- Previous experience in preparation and delivery of training modules to FSL team, farmer and
- breeder groups and business development/entrepreneurship trainees
- A broad understanding of FSL including cash programming, and general distributions (Cash,
- voucher and in-kind.
- Good FSL Cluster coordination and Government collaboration experience is essential.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل