Paymaster( Finance Assistant) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Paymaster (Finance Assistant)
Vacancy Reference Number: PMFA-SNA21
PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
The overall aim of our financial response is to ensure enhanced access to effective and dignified Financial assistance in operational day to day activities and assist to have increased support to program unites and guide program staff to implement the project activities in proper way. And to make controlling of the budget for all projects.
The Finance Division closely works with country programme team in identifying, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the financial projects issues and to deal with the government needs such as tax, and social security by making good understanding to the local law as well as international law.
Under the guidance of the Finance Officer, Paymaster is responsible for cash transfers in coordination between banks, Finance department and the Program Section to ensure that bank transfers reach the beneficiaries in a timely and accurate manner. And to Provide Assistance in Financial and Accounting matter of the Finance Department
SCOPE AND AUTHORITY
Scope of the Role:
Reporting to the Finance Officer, the Paymaster has the responsibility to assist in prepare daily requirements of transferring dues as per IRY policies, bank and donor instruction.
Responsibility for Resources:
- Assistance in Operational, Financial and Business Management
- Responsibility for all Office Management/Book keeping/Filing System Management
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff. This includes but not limited to:
- Ensures that dues payments transferred/processed in a timely manner within the agreed time frame after receiving complete support documentation as per IRY policies, procedures and standards.
- Follow-up closely in coordinating with banks the following supporting documents bank receipt, remittance details/information and third party confirmation of cash receive to attach them with the financial vouchers.
- Responsible for bank transfers to beneficiaries, deposits or withdraw, either through banks or remittance agents and following up with banks for any issues to be solved.
- Helping to prepare a periodic report on completed transactions.
- Matching the signed payment summaries with the soft copies that need to be transferred before submitting them to banks.
- Preparing the required documents for banks whether hard copies or soft files, making sure that documents are complete in terms of necessary signatures, data accuracy and applying enough information on the documents.
- Acting as focal point between IRY and banks in terms of sending and receiving emails of money transfers/official tasks and receiving and delivering paper transactions such as checks, bank letters and accounts statements.
- Matching the transactions/beneficiaries transfers received from banks with documents sent for ensuring that information accuracy.
- Making sure to attach the supporting documents of the transfer process/beneficiaries ’receipt of their dues in coordination with banks/remittance agencies.
- Sharing the data of cash transfers, in coordination with the heads of departments, as soon as they are received from banks/remittance agencies.
- Follow-up with banks periodically to speed up the process of the pending transactions and ask to know reason of delay, if any.
- Submitting a weekly, monthly and cumulative report of completed and pending transactions.
- Follow-up on remittances not received by beneficiaries and submit a periodic report on them in coordination with the banks/remittance agencies.
- Preparing an organized database for all completed transactions to help the paymaster answer inquiries of all those seeking support from him, especially the heads of departments.
- To undertake any other duties assigned by line supervisors.
- The above list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other responsibilities and training as requested by your line manager, appropriate to your grade
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/ Accounting.
- Minimum of one-year relevant experience.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs; Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic,
- Experience of working in a multi-currency environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management skills, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, face to face, telephone, and e-mail skills
- Strong influencing, negotiating and customer service skills
- Excellent planning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle/work with large amount of data.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and attention to detail especially under pressure.
- Responsible, Confidentiality, Integrity, Punctuality, Trustworthy, Goal Oriented & Team Player.
Understanding of and commitment to safeguarding, child safety and protection from sexual abuse and exploitation principles.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل