Case Management Social Worker This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the positions of:
Case Management Social Worker – Based in Taiz
The Case Management social worker Assistant (hereinafter: (CM Project assistant) is responsible for identification of vulnerable, at-risk children and implementing case management interventions in line with set criteria and inter-agency approaches
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Case management social worker Officer
Staff reporting to this post: N/A
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Needs Analysis and Program Design:
- Participate in required child protection
- Contribute to situation analysis
Coordination and Representation:
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with key counterparts in the community (children, caregivers, community leaders, service providers such as government authorities and NGOs) and with SCI colleagues
- Attend Child Protection Committee (CPC) meetings and support CPC members to identify and refer child protection cases
- Coordinate all case management processes within SCI and with partners
- Adhere to and promote SCI Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Policy and values, both inside and outside of the workplace
- Plan and implement case management program activities ensuring that delays and constraints are documented and solutions identified
- Prepare progress reports with statistical and narrative information on identification, active caseload, closing of cases and any other activities; ensure that reports are timely submitted.
- Identify vulnerable, at-risk children; work with different stakeholders to obtain referrals
- Contribute to the ongoing service mapping and update the service directory accordingly
- Assess the situation of individual children and/or families to determine whether they meet case management eligibility criteria
- Work with children and/or families to help them understand problems, define goals, and develop realistic plans; initiate and implement action to ensure children are safeguarded from harm
- Implement case plans for children and families, including referrals to service providers where needs cannot be met by SCI
- Monitor and review individual cases, for example during regular case conferences, home visits or other monitoring visits (as required under the specific circumstances)
- In accordance with set case closure criteria, close cases of those individuals who have resolved the immediate protection concerns and, as far as possible, have developed sustainable solutions to the underlying problems
- Ensure high quality case management documentation (including case management plan, referral documentation, other relevant documentation), whereby making sure that confidentiality and information sharing protocols are met
- Ensure that the community is well informed on the case management service (eligibility/target, function, etc.)
- Facilitate implementation of awareness raising sessions with community members on identification and referral of children with protection concerns
- Provide information to community members referring to the services providers on how to better protect their children
- To design, prepare and provide quality trainings sessions, workshops and teaching events on psychosocial and life skills in the targeted context
- Actively support baseline / endline / other surveys for MEAL (monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning) purposes
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- To perform such other responsibilities as agreed with your line management.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving results together with children and role modelling Save the Children values
- Applies the technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within the organisation.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self and takes responsibility for own personal development
- Widely shares personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future oriented and thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with own team, colleagues and partners
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Always acts in the best interests of children
Any relevant tertiary qualification
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor degree in Social Work or related field;
- At least 2 years experience in a humanitarian work context
- At least 1 year experience working as a Social Worker, conducting case management work or working with children and families in difficult situations
- Computer literate
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written & spoken Arabic; able to communicate and write in English is an assest.
- Commitment to Save the Children Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Policy and values
- Knowledge and understanding of inter-agency standards and guidelines in child protection, including the Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action
Additional job responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We are looking for people with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children and to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.”
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل