Logistics Associate G6 (Operations) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Aiming to feed 13 million of the most vulnerable people with food assistance, WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is the agency’s largest anywhere in the world. WFP also provides nutrition support to 1.7 million children and mothers, and delivers school meals to 850,000 children each day.
Assisting 91.4 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving Lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
In 2019, WFP is scaling up its Yemen operations aiming to provide 12 million people with monthly food assistance through direct food distributions, vouchers or cash and nutritional support to nearly 3 million pregnant and nursing women and children under 5.
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RB) and Country Offices (CO and Area/Field Offices. Job holders report to a Logistics Officer, Head of Unit or the designate.
At this level, job holders demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders typically manage a small team, supervising and coaching staff.
To provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
2. Coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
3. Manage logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
4. Support gathering market intelligence, vendor assessments (e.g. transporters, retailers) to support vendor selection process.
5. Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialised queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with excellent client service mind-set.
6. Prepare, monitor and revise budget for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
7. Monitor inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
8. Support oversight for commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
9. Analyse operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities, to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration.
10. Manage documentation processing for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating complex issues to the supervisor.
11. Perform research, collect data and conduct analysis, produce reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems to enable informed decision-making.
12. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.
13. Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities.
14. Support logistics emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support WFP’s response in emergencies.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Arrange food dispatches from WFP hubs in line with the planned FRN/STOs and follow up with concerned team to ensure stock movement is captured and waybills are posted on time in the system.
- Disseminating the daily operational/stock movement reports regularly and extract stock LESS reports as requested to support operational planning and decision-making.
- Conduct the monthly closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks supporting internal control systems in compliance with WFP Standard operating procedures.
- Perform daily/weekly warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks supporting internal control systems in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
- Oversee safeguarding of commodities through providing guidance and taking initiative towards implementation of preventive measures, to ensure that commodities are preserved in good condition and that quality control actions are initiated as appropriate following WFP established procedures.
- Create & process Work Orders related to SC activities including fumigation, milling, re-stacking, etc.
- Perform regular food quality inspections to ensure that commodities are properly handled and in line with FEFO (first expiry first out).
- Experience in using corporate systems including SAP and running queries on food stock movements, ongoing shipments, pipeline information.
- Knowledge of WFP administrative regulations and rules, and WFP policies and procedures in the area of work.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Experience: Minimum Five years of relevant work experience in managing a range of warehouse activities including safeguarding of commodities and supplies, and ensuring well-organized warehousing and storage service.
Education: Completion of secondary school education or a degree in suplly chain, business administration or related field or more than 6 years in humanitarian logistics.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) in Arabic Language.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience maintaining corporate systems and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
• Experience in administering third party service providers’ contracts.
• Experience in compiling contract documentation.
• Experience in contract execution.
• Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Supply Chain Management and Optimization||Demonstrates ability to design basic supply chain networks, including appropriately assessing and escalating challenges to ensure that WFP is able to provide consistent and uninterrupted service to its beneficiaries and partners.|
|Planning, Project & Resource Mgmt||Collects and analyses relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and makes evidence-based proposals.|
|Information Management & Reporting||Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to consolidate preliminary data analysis, draft reports and disseminate information that represents concerns and trends.|
|Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution||Demonstrates ability to collect market information and process and analyse proposals in line with WFP standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently.|
|Warehouse and Inventory Management||Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.|
|Technical Assistance and Coordination||Demonstrates abilities to provide basic technical advice and maintain effective (inclusive, collaborative, unified) logistics coordination mechanisms with humanitarian partners and other relevant stakeholders.|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WFP is an equal opportunity employer.
- WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national or having work/residency permit.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only.
- Indicate all your job TOR.
- Indicate clear years of experience with each job (month/year)
- WFP FT staff who are still under probation period are not eligible to apply.
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
(NB: Successful candidates vetted as viable candidates through the application process will be retained on internal roster for a two-year period and may be given further consideration for future similar specific position advertised in the duty station.)
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل