Job Title: Finance Officer (FO)
Department: Finance Department
Reports To: Finance Manager (FM)
Location: Aden, Yemen
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a three-year, multi-million US Dollar, a community-led program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities (GC) in seven governorates in Yemen (tentatively in Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Taiz, Sana’a, Ibb, and Dhamar). The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion and promote the peaceful resolution of differences. To reach its goal, YCST will engage communities in an inclusive approach through Participatory Action for Community Enhancement (PACE) Mode to identify and implement service delivery and conflict mitigation projects, build the capacity of formal and informal local leaders, organizations, and networks to serve as neutral arbitrators and peace builders that can meet community and constituent needs that will serve to reduce localized conflicts, and provide stability. The program will also carry out regular and action-oriented learning and contextual analysis across all interventions to support adaptive management and enhanced outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
FINANCE Officer (FO): The FO will provide support to the Finance Manager (FM) on matters of financial management, compliance, accounting, and reporting. The (FO) will be responsible for maintaining accounting records, recording transactions into computerized accounting software, producing various financial reports and adherence to the donor and organizational policies and procedures. In particular, he/she will:
- Follow and implement existing finance and accounting policies and procedures
- Responsible for recording and maintenance of financial records in QuickBooks accounting package.
- Produce various periodic financial reports as required.
- Follow up on the settlement of outstanding advances/liabilities in a timely manner.
- Prepare all documents of periodic bank reconciliations and address any discrepancies.
- Liaise with banks and ensure the availability of adequate funds in bank accounts for program operations
- Review payment requests and ensure adequacy and completeness of supporting documentation prior to approval.
- Establish, maintain and regular review of financial filing system
- Ensure all financial disbursements to staff/suppliers/vendors/implementing partner(s) and expenses made thereon properly recorded in Cash Book, Bank Book, and subsidiaries
- Work closely with logistics and procurement departments to ensure that payment requests have complete documentation and payment are done on time.
- Assist the FM and the Director for Finance & Administration (DFA) in the facilitation of internal/external audit.
- Supervise Finance Assistants
- Support the FM and DFA in other related day to day operations of the department as required.
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to determine priorities.
- Experienced in the use of QuickBooks accounting software.
- Capable of working under pressure and is results-oriented with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Demonstrated computer and typing skills; QuickBooks, Excel and Word skills are essential.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Degree in accounting or business management, and at least 2-3 years of related experience and preferable finance and budget experience with USAID or other donors and US Government agencies.
Fluency in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read interprets documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
Normal office environment, however, due to the nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From February 2019 until May 15, 2021.
- The application should consist of a one-page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. The cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21631009/1506207
- Applications will be received until the position is filled.
- Due to the urgency for this position interviews will be done on a rolling basis.