Duration of the Contract
1 year with the possibility of extension
Arabic & English
The Humanitarian Forum Yemen (HFY) is a network of 21 national NGOs. It works to improve the work of developmental, humanitarian and charitable civil society organizations in Yemen. It also fosters partnerships between local organizations and the international community.
HFY are seeking for hiring a program manager for the following issues;
2. Role and Responsibilities
Under the of the direct supervision of the and overall supervision and guidance of the Executive Manager, the Programme manager will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Developing Proposals and conducting communication with the donors through contracting, designing the implementation plan of the project, and participating in the selection of employees, designing their tasks, project implementation stage, reporting to donors and evaluating projects.
- Providing ongoing, strategic, technical and supportive guidance to the Project management team.
- Working with HFY board and HFY project staff and experts order to design the annual plan and identify projects and activities for the coming years.
- Active communication with international and local donors, especially United Nations organizations, and the creation of a database and active donor to obtain funding for the humanitarian projects proposals .
- Writing and submitting funding needed reports to donors in timely manner.
- Daily follow-up for the progress of HFY projects and respond to all discussions and queries sent by financiers about the projects.
- Supervising of project staff and project managers and follow up their implementation of their plans and their first-time and get them on the regular reports and provide them with instructions the implementation.
- creating the link between project managers and the HFY in general, donors and donors through which information, correspondence and reports are exchanged
- . Preparing project completion reports in cooperation with project managers (monthly - quarterly reports - final ) according to the standers of each donor and inform the HFY managent of the level of implementation of each project on a regular basis
- Monitoring the implementation of projects and budget items for each project and direct supervision of the technical implementation of projects financially and technically
- . Monitoring the level of commitment of project team and complying for the terms of agreements signed with donors and ensure the proper implementation of all commitments of the humanitarian forum signed agreements with donors are complied.
- - Attending and representing the sessions of discussing the project proposals submitted by the HFY to donors and meetings of the discussion of the reports and respond to any observations or inquiries about them.
- working actively and vigorously to submit proposals and invent methods that improve the performance of the employees in the implementation of projects and to improve the opportunities of the HFY to obtain more funding to implement more projects and develop the performance of the HFY on the humanitarian side
- Developing manuals and guidelines for projects, development and methodologies of project management and information systems.
Job Relationships (Communications), including:
- Internal communications With all managers of departments and projects to coordinate work and exchange and sharing information
- External Communications with local and international donors and financiers
Partnerships, Representation and Networking:
- Responsible for providing appropriate technical support to the Engagement team toward external stakeholders and other players in the Cluster Coordination Meetings to augment the organization’s knowledge base of the humanitarian sector.
- Attends necessary Cluster Coordination Meetings and provide scheduled reports documenting main points, challenges, lessons learned, best practices and other relevant humanitarian specific information to the Project Director
- Originate and develop potential leads with potential program partners and external stakeholders.
- Functional knowledge of international disaster relief organizations and areas of focus • Solid project cycle management experience including scope design, planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation, tracking budgets, and producing detailed reports.
- Flexibility and adaptability in managing and prioritizing high workloads, multiple tasks, and multiple teams in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work in emotionally stressful context while respecting security considerations and operational boundaries
Basic and additional requirements for the job:
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in administrative sciences or law (with high proficiency in English language proficiency), English language or any other relevant subject.
- Work experience: Preferably who previously worked as a program manager in an international organization or NNGOs
- 10 years in the field of work, project management, work in international organizations, develpoing proposals and sufficient experience in the support system of the United Nations Humanitarian Fund and the project submission system at the United Nations.
- For PhD (7) years and (5) working in international and local organizations in the field of organizations and project management, writing funding proposals and sufficient experience in the support system of the United Nations Humanitarian Fund and the project submission system at the United Nations
- - Specialized training course in project management, finance and humanitarian work
- - Courses in PMI and and reporting.
- - A course in human resource management.
- - Suitable courses in financial and administrative aspects.
- - A course in risk management and assessment.
- - A course in assessment of developmental and humanitarian needs, problem analysis and goal setting
- - Standards of humanitarian work
- - It is preferable to have TOT certificate
- Languages, skills and other conditions:
- - Fluent in English language fluently written, spoken and professionally
Interested candidates should send their update resumes (in English) to http://hfyemen.org/careers.php?id=52 before 24.03.2019
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Note: All the interested candidate who wish to hold this position submit samples proposals that were prepared by the applicant at least final reports of previous projects along with Cover letter and C.v to http://hfyemen.org/careers.php?id=52