Job Title: Handyman
Department: Operations Department
Reports to: Admin Assistant
Location: Aden, Yemen
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a three-year, multi-million US Dollar, a community-led program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities (GC) in seven governorates in Yemen (tentatively in Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Taiz, Sana’a, Ibb, and Dhamar). The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion and promote the peaceful resolution of differences. To reach its goal, YCST will engage communities in an inclusive approach through Participatory Action for Community Enhancement (PACE) Mode to identify and implement service delivery and conflict mitigation projects, build the capacity of formal and informal local leaders, organizations, and networks to serve as neutral arbitrators and peace builders that can meet community and constituent needs that will serve to reduce localized conflicts, and provide stability. The program will also carry out regular and action-oriented learning and contextual analysis across all interventions to support adaptive management and enhanced outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Helper will be responsible for supporting logistic Dep. in outdoor/indoor environments, he/she will provide help and support by carrying out simple tasks as following:
- Distribution of water bottles for buildings.
- Moving the furniture or equipment from office to office when needed.
- Report regularly in case of any maintenance issue in the office, guest house and the yard.
- Perform basic maintenance of outdoor/indoor environments.
- Provide support in loading/offloading and moving office equipment, furniture, baggage and other items.
- Gardening; watering, cleaning fallen leaves, irrigating the trees, trimming and decoration trees, etc.
- Drilling boards, signs, etc. when requested.
- Keeping maintenance tools safe and inventoried after each work.
- Maintain a regular check-up, fix and repair for all electrical appliances, wiring and electrical points.
- Repair all plumbing connections and Installs pipes and fixtures, such as sinks or toilets.
- Regular full Service for all air conditioning appliances.
- Capability of Repairing in unit appliances, such as Refrigerators, microwaves, stoves, ovens and coffee makers.
- Perform any carpentry work such as; fixing and repairing desks, tables, chairs or doors.
- Good Knowledge in Generator maintenance and alarms.
- Perform maintenance and lights repairs.
- Undertake duties as assigned or in an emergency cases night work may be requested.
- Shifting or assembling Furniture’s or equipment as needed.
- Report any malfunction of any GC assets with a detailed maintenance report include all needed materials for further repair.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor should be performed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school degree or graduates from the (Institute of Technical Training and Vocational Education – Electrical Science) is required and if Diploma it will be preferred with 6-12 months of experience in a related position to become familiar with the accepted practices involved in providing such services.
- Excellent Skills in electrical maintenance.
- Good to very good skills in Plumbing systems.
- Good skills at Carpentry works.
- Good organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Good analytical, problem solving and organization skills
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment and supplies related to work in a good working condition.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and meet the deadlines.
- High sense of responsibility and initiative.
- Punctuality, honesty and integrity.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work in a team.
Normal office environment, however, due to nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From March 2019 until May 15, 2021.
- The application should consist of a detailed resume or CV. The Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21631009/1506207
- The position is open until it is filled.
- Due to the urgency for this position interviews will be done on a rolling basis.