ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues. ZOA has been operational in Yemen since 2012, mainly focusing on WASH and Food security & Livelihoods interventions in Sana’a, Hajjah, Al Mahwit, Aden and Shabwa Governorates. ZOA Yemen is currently seeking for national qualified candidates for:
Area Coordinator, Al-Mahwit – 1 position
The purpose of the Al Mahwit Area Coordinator function is to ensure effective and efficient realisation of the project goals within Al Mahwit Programme Area; manage and oversee the field office and represent ZOA Int’l Yemen in Al Mahwit governorate.
I. Tasks and responsibilities
The Area Coordinator reports to the Programme Manager of the north of Yemen and has been assigned with responsibility and holds delegated authority for:
1. Programme Management
- Contribute to ZOA’s project cycle management, including needs assessments, formulation of concept notes, proposals and budget.
- Develop timely and quality DIPs for the Area programme (project plans and budgets).
- Ensure effective and efficient project implementation is done within acceptable output and budget variance.
- Ensure that project implementation is timely and of excellent quality and accurately achieves project outcomes and goals.
- Ensure beneficiary participation and contribution in the implementation of project activities.
- Ensure that feedback and complain mechanism is effectively managed and meeting beneficiary satisfaction.
- Keep an updated inventory of key beneficiary needs, recent developments in the Programme Area and Lessons
- Ensure adherence to ZOA Policies and Internal Controls as well as Cluster SOPs & Guidelines and international standards such as CHS, Gender Marker and Humanitarian Code of conduct, etc. in the implementation of all activities.
- Technical sign-off of all designs, BoQs and Tender documents
- Providing strategic direction for programmes to PGM
2. Coordination & Liaison
- Ensure that subsidiary agreements are signed at governorate level
- Ensure that travel permits are obtained for the field-based staff, preferably on a monthly basis.
- Timely submission of sub agreement documents PM for review and closure.
- Participate in cluster coordination meetings held in the governorate.
- Conduct partner mapping in governorates for possible partnership.
- Conduct assessment of IP for potential partnership with ZOA.
- Conduct partnership engagement meetings with INGOs and local NGOs to market ZOA work in the governorate and building relationships.
- Represent ZOA in all forum within the governorate.
3. Reporting and Accountability
- Ensure timely submission of quality monthly sitreps
- Ensure timely submission of quality monthly donor reports with at least 2 success stories and pictures.
- Ensure timely submission of quality quarterly donor reports with at least 6 success stories and pictures.
- Submit timely and quality annual donor reports with at least 6 success stories and pictures.
- Ensure the reports are uploaded on ZM in a timely manner.
4. Assessment and proposal development
- Ensure in the collection of secondary data on needs in governorates and share with PM
- Generate context information for governorates and districts where we work for propositioning for growth.
- Store all relevant data on project management for the development of projects and reflection.
- Support the development of proposals for the growing of Area Programme funds
5. HR Talent Management
- Spearhead orientation of all field staff on strategy of ZOA and other organization policies.
- Ensure effective management of staff performance for quality results in a timely manner.
- Ensure timely and quality performance review of direct reports and other field staff for performance management.
- Support staff capacity building programs for enhanced staff performance and motivation.
- Implementation and monitoring of financial, personnel, logistic, administration and security policies and procedures.
- Responsible for facilitation and the security of internal and external visitors during their field trips
- Participate in the recruitment of staffs for Al Mahwit Programme Area.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the staffs in the Programme Area by being a trusted, inspiring, supportive and energizing team leader.
- Ensure that Area Management Team (AMT) meetings take place on a monthly basis and that minutes are archived in ZOA Manager.
- Participate effectively in the Program Management Team (PMT) meetings and provide clear updates from the Programme Area.
- SCMCHA and other government departments at governorate level
- Field offices of other (I)NGOs
- Suppliers and contractors
- Clusters in the hub level
- field office team
- Advises Programme Manager on programme area related issues and challenges
- Entire field office
- Master or bachelor’s degree in the field of social sciences, Development Studies and other related fields.
- Good knowledge of ZOA’s programmatic approach.
- At least 5 years experience in humanitarian work especially with INGOs in the context of Yemen or middle east.
- At least 1-2 years experience in general management in a field setting, preferably in Yemen.
- Knowledge and experience in human resource management, administration and security practices
- Computer skills and relevant office software packages (MS Office programs, email, accounting)
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Result-oriented approach, initiates but also makes sure that initiatives come to a satisfactory result
- Takes initiative to improve processes and procedures
- Knows how to prioritize
- Good understanding and appreciation of issues, and risks
- Planning and organizational skills related to work and time management
- Customer-friendly attitude
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Good communicator, both verbal and written
- Willingness to learn and be trained and be challenged to grow
- Willingness to teach and train others
VI. Special requirements
- You will be required to use 50% of the office time in field visits and engagement in the governorate and districts.
Start date: as soon as possible, contract until 31st of December 2021 with possibility for extension based on budget availability
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and CV, together with 3 recent references in English with reference to the applied position to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is highly important that you mention the job title in the Subject field of your email in order to be considered for this vacancy.
Kindly put the following in the subject field: Area Coordinator - Al-Mahwit
يرجى ذكر إسم الوظيفة مع المحافظة في حقل موضوع البريد الإلكتروني عند التقديم وتسمية السيرة الذاتية باسم المتقدم
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and only completed applications will be accepted
Deadline for application: 23rd of September 2021
Note: ZOA doesn't charge any fees for recruitment or technical testing and does not invite (potential) candidates through text or what’s app messaging. In case of such occurrence or request, please contact ZOA at 01/ 412485
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل