Nutrition Project Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Nutrition Project Coordinator
Vacancy Reference Number: NPC-DMR21
PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
Nutrition Department works with country program team in identifying, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development projects and program in collaboration with local, national and international partners.
The overall objective of nutrition department is to save and improve lives of the targeted beneficiaries and contribute to a reduction in morbidity and mortality associated with acute malnutrition among children under-five years of age, pregnant and lactating women in collaboration with international donors, INGOs and UN agencies.
The Nutrition Project Coordinator (NPC) will be responsible to ensure that the nutrition response activity is executed in line with the national and international humanitarian standards and donor guidelines and it demands ability to manage, organize and support all aspects of the project. Coordinate and liaise with other agencies including UNICEF, WFP, UNOCHA at field level to in order to effectively implement Community Based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) components and other nutrition/health activities in a cost effective manner with no duplication/overlapping of activities. Assess needs for strengthening of the health facilities for quality service delivery. Develop and implement training modules to meet needs established as part of the assessment and facilitation of trainings and supervision to project activities and regular technical support to health care workers to ensure national and international nutrition guidelines are adhered. The staff will always ensure involvement of defacto authorities throughout the process to reinforce the system’s role for support and strengthening of CMAM activities within routine health care services at health facilities at community level.
Key Working Relationships
- Planning and coordinating all project activities with nutrition line ministry officials - MoPH (Governorate Health Coordinator, District Health Managers, District Nutrition Supervisors)
- Regular technical support to MoPH Health Care Workers in implementation and reporting of CMAM activities in all the targeted health facilities
- Coordinating with other key stakeholders at District / Governorate level (WFP, UNICEF, UNOCHA and other nutrition partners)
- Working as a team with other IRY nutrition project staffs and other support departments (HR, Finance, Security and Admin)
- Regular interaction with project beneficiaries and other community members in the spirit of engaging them in all project implementation stages (planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation) as well as complains/feedback mechanism.
- Liaising with relevant local authorities at governorate level to ensure smooth implementation of all funded project activities
Scope of the Role:
Reporting to Nutrition Programme Coordinator (technically) and Head of Office / Admin Officer (administratively) Nutrition Project Coordinator is the overall in-charge of all funded nutrition project activities in his/her duty station. The staff will be the link between IRY and other stakeholders at governorate/district level in matters nutrition with technical support from Nutrition Programme Coordinator and Head of Office. He/she will be jointly work with nutrition team at field level to prepare all the required nutrition reports and accomplish any other assignment requested by the supervisor.
Responsibility for Resources:
- The staff will take care of any asset issued to him during his tenure and report any loss or damage to the Head of Office or Admin/Finance Officer where this applies.
- The staff will properly file and safely store all project documents both in hard and soft copies and produce them any time they are required
- He/she will utilize any hired vehicle or other equipment in favour of project implementation
- The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff. This includes but not limited to the following Main Duties and Responsibilities;
Project Planning and Coordination
- Support the management of the nutrition programmes including the provision of technical support, training and capacity building for the Nutrition staff and MoPH health care workers.
- Ensure CMAM and Infant Young Child Feeding (IYCF) scale-up in close collaboration with MoPH and other key partners and that the implementation conform to internationally accepted standards and country guidelines.
- Ensure effective start up, management, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the project.
- Jointly develop quarterly work-plans with MoPH in respect to project goals, objectives and funded project activities in coordination with project teams and MoPH where necessary.
- Review project activities at key intervals to enable participatory feedback mechanism to project plan and implementation.
- Ensure intervention strategies are inclusive and address the needs of the most vulnerable groups.
- Ensure that to the possible extent and practical in the relief/transition/ development phases that IR complies with the Sphere and other recognized standards for provision of nutrition services.
- Actively participate and represent IRY during monthly sub-cluster coordination meetings and other relevant meetings at governorate/district level and share updates/minutes with nutrition programme coordinator.
- Network with other non-government organisations working in Nutrition and health at the district/governorate level and share notes and where necessary plan jointly.
Project Implementation and Monitoring
- Providing support and guidance to the Nutrition Officer, MoPH and other implementing partners in implementation of project activities according to the project proposal document and log-frame guided by agreed work-plans.
- Conduct on-job-trainings for Health Workers in the targeted health facilities and community health workers to ensure national nutrition guidelines are adhered to.
- Timely request of all required nutrition commodities on monthly basis or as advised to ensure timely dispatch to avoid stock out in all the targeted health facilities.
- Monitor and track all nutrition commodities issued to IRY to ensure it reaches the intended final distribution points and that the same reaches the intended beneficiaries
- Conduct regular supervisory visits and random spot check to all the targeted health facilities to ensure consistency of provision of nutrition and health services by IRY Mobile Teams.
- Monitor nutrition stock levels at health facility and warehouse/s (where applicable) and make timely request to ensure there is no stock-out of any commodity at any moment
- Participating in and/or leading nutrition, and/or multi-sectorial assessments as required in our areas of operation
- Lead, supervise and guide the project IRY Mobile Teams to identify inputs required for implementation of project activities and follow up on timely delivery with program support in the field and country office.
- Responsible for maintaining the strategic direction of the health and nutrition programme. This includes ensuring that a coherent and consistent implementation strategy is developed, that activities are implemented in accordance with this, and that regular monitoring and evaluation takes place.
- To behave at all times in a manner which positively promotes Islamic Relief and its work in operation areas during implementation process
- To assess the training needs of nutrition staff and develop a training programme to meet these needs.
- Conduct training on Community Based Management Of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) for project staff and MoPH health care workers
- Provide support and guidance to other project staffs during supervision and implementation of nutrition project activities in your respective project areas.
- Provide leadership, guidance to support offices (Admin/Finance Office, Head of Office, procurement and logistics) for necessary support in project implementation.
- Conduct monthly/regular meetings with project staffs to review monthly/weekly work-plans and address any challenge and keep both line supervisor and head of office updated on the outcomes of such meetings.
- Ensure that all information on nutrition implementation, policy networking or other communications with IR staff, management and external actors is passed in a complete, accurate and timely manner
- Help set objectives for the staff reporting to you and review them regularly to ensure they are achieved.
Report Preparation & Submission
- Provide regular and timely updates to the Head of Office, Nutrition Programme Coordinator and the rest of the project team on progress, priorities and constraints both verbally and in writing.
- Compile and submit on timely manner both IRY and other donor reports with assistance from other appropriate project staff i.e. monthly CMAM reports (Nutrition Cluster Statistical Database, IRY Statistical Databases),monthly progress report, WFP Cooperating Partner Report, Stock Report, Quarterly/Annual donor reports.
- Prepare and submit quarterly project case studies/success stories to showcase project achievements and contribution of project in saving lives in your project areas.
- Document and share best practices and lessons learnt within the organization and with other stakeholders in your project areas.
- Developing fact sheets as needed on relevant nutrition issues affecting children and women to be used for advocacy and fundraising
- Maintain proper filing systems and storage of all project documents, reports and other relevant technical materials (both hard and soft copies)
- At least three years’ experience in community based nutrition intervention preferably in emergency context
- Knowledge and practical experience of the national/international Community Based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) protocols
- Adequate experience in set up and implementation of CMAM project
- Experience in facilitating trainings and workshops
- Experience in planning and preparation of clear budget breakdown for project activities
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to develop clear and precise reports
- Ability to plan and organize work independently with minimal supervision paying attention to detail and completing the planned tasks in timely manner
- Supervisory and managerial skills with proven ability to manage a demanding workload
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as a part of a team
- Previous experience working for I/NGO is an asset
- Proficient in computer application (MS Word, MS Excel)
- Good in both English and Arabic (written and spoken)
- Familiarity with program area is highly desired
Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, facilitating change, problem solving, collaboration, developing teams, interpersonal skills, contributing to team success, negotiating, planning and organization.
At least a degree or diploma in Nutrition or health related course with professional training on IYCF and Community Based Management of acute Malnutrition (CMAM)
Understanding of and commitment to safeguarding, child safety and protection from sexual abuse and exploitation principles.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل