Job Title: Stabilization Officer
Reports To: Stabilization Specialist
Location: Aden, Yemen
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a three-year, multi-million US Dollar, a community-led program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities (GC) in seven governorates in Yemen (tentatively in Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Taiz, Sana’a, Ibb, and Dhamar). The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion and promote the peaceful resolution of differences. To reach its goal, YCST will engage communities in an inclusive approach through Participatory Action for Community Enhancement (PACE) Mode to identify and implement service delivery and conflict mitigation projects, build the capacity of formal and informal local leaders, organizations, and networks to serve as neutral arbitrators and peace builders that can meet community and constituent needs that will serve to reduce localized conflicts, and provide stability. The program will also carry out regular and action-oriented learning and contextual analysis across all interventions to support adaptive management and enhanced outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
the Stabilization Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
Ensure smooth implementation and Technical guidance and analysis
- Ensure adequate resources are available for the effective running of the Stability Group, advising the stabilization specialist when additional resources are needed.
- Build and maintain a working knowledge of current requirements in conjunction with the stabilization specialist.
- Act as Responsible Individual for analytical / stability projects undertaken by the organization as necessary.
- Lead and coordinate weekly workload, mid and long-term planning for the stability teams projects.
- Ensure all documentation for the management of stability studies is complete within the agreed timeframes.
- Help coordinate, organize and participate in assessments and field missions related to stability projects implementation in the respective region, including with national partners, local and regional authorities as well as other interested parties.
- Perform information collection, and analysis
- Facilitate workshops and focus groups
Communication and reporting
- Communicate effectively with staff at all levels within the organization.
- Provide weekly updates on the stability facility and provide a monthly management report to the stabilization specialist.
- Support the Stability Specialist in coordinating and supervising the implementation of the stabilization activities;
- Any other related duties as may be required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The incumbent must be a dynamic, multi-functional person, who supports stabilization with professionalism, dedication, and client orientation. The following qualifications are required:
- University Degree in Political Science, International Affairs, Peace and Conflict Resolution, or a related field;
- Fluent in English & Arabic.
- 1-3 years’ experience in conflict resolution, post-conflict recovery, security analysis and/or development program management;
- Preference for candidates with field experience in conflict/past conflict contexts;
- Experience of working with USAID funds.
Normal office environment, however, due to the nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours. Ability to travel.
From February 2018 until August 15, 2021.
- The application should consist of a one-page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. The cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21631009/1506207
- The position is open until it is filled.