Senior Health Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
- Job Title: Senior Health Officer
- No of position: 1 Position
- Grade: C/G1
- Deadline: June 25th, 2022
- Contract Type: Special Service Contract
- Duration: 6 Months renewable based on funding availability
- Duty Station: Mareb
- Probationary Period: 3 months
- Department: Health & Nutrition Programs
- Reporting to: Health and Nutrition Programs Coordinator
- Written Test: Required
The Senior Health Officer will be responsible for managing and supervising all project health activities in the targeted district through managing the field project staff. He \ She will work under direct supervision of the Health and Nutrition Programs Coordinator to whom regular reports and certain data should be submitted. The Senior Health Officer will represent RDP and actively participate in the coordination processes with MoPH&P, Local Authorities, GHOs, SCMCHA and Clusters at the field level.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure an effective management of the health activities, monitoring, review and evaluation of the situation within the framework of the overall RDP emergency response.
- Ensure timely and quality implementation of health activities in compliance with the defined project as well as RDP and donors guidelines.
- Prepare, manage and regularly update the project activities work plan, procurement plan, recruitment plan, and MEAL plan.
- Ensure proper communication, coordination and harmonization of tools with the different stakeholders involved in health activities.
- Coordinate with MoPH&P, SCMCHA, local authorities, GHO and other concerned parties regarding the project initiation, implementation and supervision.
- Coordinate with other Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) working in Health projects at Governorate level and share notes and where necessary plan jointly.
- Attend all related coordination meetings/forums at Governorate level and provide feedback to other staff and the line supervisor.
- Provide technical support, guidance and capacity building to the project field staff on effective implementation of the project at field level.
- Supervise the health services provision at the targeted health facilities and ensure implementing it as per the health cluster, WHO and MoPH&P guidelines.
- Work closely with RDP field office manager, field supervisor, Pharmacist and other project staff to ensure smooth implementation of the project with high level of quality and timely effective response meeting the proposed indicators and targets.
- Monitoring and tracking all medical and non-medical supplies procured by RDP to ensure being used \ prescribed according to the approved guidelines.
- Conduct frequent field supervisory visits to the supported health facilities and field warehouse to ensure that project activities are implemented as per the Project agreement and technical standards.
- Submit daily/weekly/monthly reports to the Health and Nutrition Programs Coordinator reflecting the received field reports after being verified, compiled and summarized to match RDP and donor's templates.
- Provide regular and timely updates to RDP Health and Nutrition Programs Coordinator and the rest of the project management team on progress, priorities and constraints both verbally and in writing.
- Compile documentation of best practices and lessons learnt within the organization and with other stakeholders in the project areas.
- Maintain proper filling systems and storage of all project documents, reports and other relevant technical materials (both hard and soft copies).
- Report any problems in a timely manner to the Health and Nutrition Programs Coordinator and react properly for solving them.
- Cooperate with RDP logistic, finance, admin and human resources departments in order to facilitate field activities.
- Comply with RDP policies and procedures with respect to code of conduct, child protection, equal opportunities, security and safety, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination.
- Perform any other related tasks as required.
- University degree in medicine, public health or any other related field.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience, with 1 year of work experience in the field with NGOs.
- Native Arabic with excellent English, both written and spoken.
- Demonstrated ability to reporting using health cluster standard forms with gender disaggregated data.
- Excellent computer skills particularly in Microsoft Applications.
- Experience of emergency health intervention including undertaking assessments, contributing to designing, implementing and running programs, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability and willingness to stay at the field.
- Strong commitment to capacity building of RDP health staff with willingness to adopt a participatory and consultative management approach.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to improvise and work in stressful, volatile environment
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل