Ended Health and Nutrition Field Officer
Responsiveness for Relief and Development Foundation (RRD) is a non-government organization that aims to contribute effectively to reducing human suffering in Yemen. RRD works with local communities and stakeholders to provide humanitarian aid for people in conflict-affected areas.
Position: Health and Nutrition Field Officer
Reports to: Health and Nutrition Program Manager
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and represent RRD in meetings and with MOPHP, GHO, DHO, NAMCHA, Health and Nutrition Clusters and sub clusters;
- Ensure provision of MSP services based on technical guidelines in the targeted HFs in Shibam Kawkaban district;
- Work closely with the Health & Nutrition Program Manager to achieve program's objectives and targets effectively;
- Supervise, manage the day to day operations and provide technical support and assistance on health and nutrition aspects to the project’s field team;
- Ensure that community based activities such as, health education and nutrition activities are implemented as planned;
- Prepare Regular (weekly, monthly and quarterly) work plans for the project;
- Monitor and report supply and rational use of medications and consumable supplies, and ensure the availability of drugs, medical supplies in the targeted health facilities;
- Provide regular updates on inventory of medical and non-medical items;
- Follow up, facilitate and coordinate the coordination meetings and awareness sessions at the community level together with field staff and community health volunteers;
- Prepare regular reports (weekly and monthly reports) for internal and external use on the ongoing project activities;
- Manage activity tracking sheets (trackers) to ensure targets and indicators are met;
- Ensure that Feedback and Complaint Mechanisms are in place and help beneficiaries become aware of them;
- Contribute in regular collection of project data to be submitted to the Health & Nutrition Program Manager, including statistical reports, case studies, and success stories.
- Comply with RRD policies and procedures with respect to code of conduct, child protection, equal opportunities, security and safety, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, impartiality and non-discrimination.
- Perform any other related tasks as required.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical or Paramedical specialty with at least 3 years working experience in relative field.
- Experience working with NGOs in project design and implementation in humanitarian context.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, experience in writing training report, project documentation, reporting and others relevant program information.
- Ability to work with different partners, local authorities, local organizations and NGOs, to develop and maintain positive relationships.
- Team working skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Documents to be submitted in English: Cover letter and CV in addition to contact details for a minimum of 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to email@example.com (Please write the job title in the Subject Field of your email).
- Deadline for submission of application: 15 March 2019; interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
RRD is an equal opportunity Employer. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.