Ended Project Accountant
Responsiveness for Relief and Development Foundation (RRD) is a non-government organization that aims to contribute effectively to reducing human suffering in Yemen. RRD works with local communities and stakeholders to provide humanitarian aid for people in conflict-affected areas.
Position: Project Accountant
Reports to: Senior Finance Officer
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle the project accounts from start to end and take accountability of all accounting and financial related matters;
- Produce monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc financial reports according to donor standards and internal policies and procedures;
- Produce ad-hoc reports as required by the Head of Finance and reply promptly to enquires from senior management;
- Monitor the progress of projects, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring that project billings and expenses are issued in a timely manner;
- Create project accounts in the accounting system;
- Maintain project-related records;
- Work with the procurement and logistics department to review and approve supplier invoices related to the project;
- Review and approve project staff time sheets for work related to the project
- Submit variance reports to the Senior Finance Office and management;
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required;
- Prepare bank reconciliation and petty cash reconciliation in a timely manner;
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers, regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing;
- Review payment request documentations in order to follow payment process;
- Preparing day to day financial payment vouchers;
- Ensure that financial rules, regulations and procedures are followed;
- Support the finance team on any other relevant task;
- Undertake any further duties that may be required of the role.
- Advance University Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 3 years' experience in auditing, accounting/finance. Preferable with I/NGOs or CBOs.
- Understanding of full range of financial processes including management and accounts, and attention to detail.
- Familiar with industry-specific software like Yemen Soft, QuickBooks and Focus;
- Experience of budget preparations, cash-flow statements & financial plans;
- Experience of writing financial reports;
- Good command of spoken and written English;
- Ability to deal with complex situations and take initiative to address the situation;
- Self-motivated, goal/result-orientation, team work and good motivator;
- Documents to be submitted in English: Cover letter and CV in addition to contact details for a minimum of 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please write the job title in the Subject Field of your email).
- Deadline for submission of application: 15 March 2019; interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
RRD is an equal opportunity Employer. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.