Ended WASH Engineering Supervisor
Responsiveness for Relief and Development Foundation (RRD) is a non-government organization that aims to contribute effectively to reducing human suffering in Yemen. RRD works with local communities and stakeholders to provide humanitarian aid for people in conflict-affected areas.
Position: WASH Engineering Supervisor
Reports to: Health and Nutrition Program Manager
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop detailed bill of quantities (BOQ) and drawings for the construction/Rehabilitation works required in the targeted health facilities;
- Develop rehabilitation and construction budget estimates;
- Supervise the construction/rehabilitation process, ensuring completion within timelines and in accordance with approved BOQs;
- Verify incoming materials are of highest qualities;
- Seek and obtain appropriate government sign-off on works achieved, particularly at the start and completion processes;
- Certify achievement of contractual milestones, and provide reports to the project manager to proceed with contractors’ payments;
- Ensure contractors are compliant with RRD and donor safety and security protocols on all construction /rehabilitation sites.
- Ensure that contractors maintain proper inventory control systems of commodities/good transactions;
- Provide training to all relevant beneficiaries (health facility workers, daily laborers and beneficiaries) to ensure safe and appropriate use of installed facilities;
- With support from the Project Manager, develop, implement and monitor monthly activity plans to achieve expected results;
- Support in data entry, documentation and preparation of related documents;
- Any other relevant tasks requested by the Project Manager.
Skills and Experience
- A university degree in engineering (civil engineering preferred);
- At least 3-4 years of strong technical experience in the WASH projects sector;
- Work experience in cross-sector project management with Local NGOs or INGOs in a humanitarian setting;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, work efficiently under pressure and in changing circumstances;
- Respect time in relation to attendance work, meetings, deadlines and other reasonable requests;
- Excellent English spoken & written skills.
- Documents to be submitted in English: Cover letter and CV in addition to contact details for a minimum of 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please write the job title in the Subject Field of your email).
- Deadline for submission of application: 15 March 2019; interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
RRD is an equal opportunity Employer. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.