Ended Senior Field Assistant
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
Title of Position: Senior Field Assistant.
Position Number: Temporary Appointment
Category / Level: GL-5
Entry on Duty: 01 April 2019
Duration: 6 months
Location: CO Sana’a
Date of Issue: 02 March 2019
Closing Date for Applications: 16 March 2019
The Senior Field Assistant reports to the Field Officer. He/she monitors standards, operational procedures and practices in the delivery of humanitarian assistance in the AOR in line with international standards and best practice.
The Senior Field Assistant provides quality, timely and effective support to persons of concern and identifies opportunities to mainstream protection methodologies and safeguards in operational responses. He/she also ensures that persons of concern are involved with the UNHCR in making decisions that affect them, whether in accessing their rights or in identifying appropriate solutions to their problems. To achieve this, the incumbent will need to build and maintain effective interfaces with communities of concern, local authorities and partners.
Accountability: (key results that will be achieved)
- The protection of populations of concern is met through the application of International and National Law relevant UN/UNHCR protection standards and IASC principles.
- POCs receive appropriate humanitarian assistance and protection through participatory, rights and community based approaches.
- UNHCR partner activities regularly monitored and assessed.
- Support is provided to identify and report protection incidents.
Responsibility: (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Consistently apply International and National Law and applicable UN/UNHCR and IASC policy, standards and codes of conduct.
- Assist in drafting reports, routine correspondence, updating relevant databases and compiling statistics as required
- Plan for weekly missions, conduct assessments, distribution and post distribution visits to the field according to regular programmes and emergencies. Follow up on the outcomes and observations from the field visits with different sectors and other UN Agencies and partners.
- Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information, contribute to related liaison activities and respond directly to routine queries.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- In coordination with implementing partners, assist in the provision of assistance to persons of concern
- Support activities in AGD based programming and activities with implementing and operational partners.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
Authority: (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Liaise with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Direct incidents and problems to the supervisor when they cannot be resolved at their level.
- Enforce integrity in the delivery of services and assistance by local implementing partners.
Essential minimum qualifications, professional experience and required competencies:
- Education: Completion of secondary school. Additional Training courses in humanitarian related issues.
- Job experience: relevant to the function: 4 years.
- Fluency in English and Arabic languages.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good computer skills.
- Third Level Qualification.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: http://icsc.un.org
Interested candidates must fill a Personal History (P.11) form and the supplementary Bio Data table (Excel). Completed P11 form and summary table should be submitted along with a motivation letter and CV by e-mail to the below email address.
The email subject line should clearly indicate Last Name, Title of the position and VA Ref. number stated on this announcement. Applications missing any of the above elements, and not duly completed, will unfortunately not be considered.
Senior Admin/Finance Officer
Address: UNHCR BO Sana’a, P.O. Box 12093
Tel. contact: +967-1-469771/2
Fax: +967-1-469 770
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Shortlisted candidates will be requested to sit for a test. No late applications will be accepted. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).