Ended Field Assistant
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
Title of Position: Field Assistant
Position Number: 10030938
Category / Level: GL-4
Entry on Duty: 01 April 2019
Duration: Initially for a period of one year
Location: FO Sa’ada
Date of Issue: 02 March 2019
Closing Date for Applications: 16 March 2019
The Field Assistant is normally supervised by the Head of Sa’ada Field Office and performs a variety of functions related to Field activities within the office. The supervisor exercises close control and regular review of the work processes and provides regular advice and guidance.
The incumbent keeps frequent internal contacts with staff members in the same duty station to exchange information and with the external contacts generally with officials of national and international institutions, leaders of the refugee community, local population and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on routine subject matters under the direction of the supervisor.
Accountability: (key results that will be achieved)
- UNHCR office has sufficient administrative and local support for the field activities thus better able to meet the needs of persons of concern.
Responsibility: (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assisting them during field missions.
- Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information, contribute to related liaison activities and respond directly to routine queries.
- Collect data and other information relevant to UNHCR and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- In coordination with implementing partners, assist in the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
Authority: (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Liaise with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Direct incidents and problems to the supervisor when they cannot be resolved at their level.
Essential minimum qualifications, professional experience and required competencies:
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Law, Political Science or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge in English and Arabic languages.
Desirable qualifications and competencies:
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
Staff members who have been appointed through the AC process and have indefinite or Fixed Term appointment. Interested staff members should consult the new Policy and Procedures on Assignments of Locally recruited Staff (PPAL). If you have questions regarding eligibility, please contact the HR Associate at UNHCR BO Sana’a.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: http://icsc.un.org
Interested candidates must fill a Personal History (P.11) form and the supplementary Bio Data table (Excel). Completed P11 form and summary table should be submitted along with a motivation letter and CV by e-mail to the below email address.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Shortlisted candidates will be requested to sit for a test. No late applications will be accepted. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
The email subject line should clearly indicate Last Name, Title of the position and VA Ref. number stated on this announcement. Applications missing any of the above elements, and not duly completed, will unfortunately not be considered.
Senior Admin/Finance Officer
Tel. contact: +967-1-469771/2
Fax: +967-1-469 770