Ended National FSIS Database and Statistics Officer
National FSIS Database and Statistics Officer
Duty Station: Sanaa -Yemen with frequent field visits as required
Under the general supervision of the FAO representative and the Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) of Strengthening Food Security Information and Early Warning System (FSIS) and under the direct supervision of the National Program Coordinator, the Database and Statistics Officer will work very closely with the program team members and the Food Security Technical Secretariat (FSTS) and Governorate Focal Units (GFU) to ensure reliable data is collected and analysed and integrated into the periodic and regular food security analysis. The Database and Statistics Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities to enhance the information collection, analysis and reporting chain.
Main duties and responsibilities
The National FSIS Database and Statistics Officer
- Setting up appropriate and easily accessible database system for storing all food security related data sets and information products;
- Develop different assessment and survey questionnaires and conduct data collection, cleaning and producing tables and support the overall process in data collection, analysis, and coordination of all field work and training and producing the reports;
- Prepare data collection tools, questionnaires, work closely with the market information officer in all data and information collection, compilation and analysis activities and production of regular market information bulletin;
- Create linkages with FSTS, GFU, FSAC, and other government and no government stakeholders to enhance data and information exchange on food security and nutrition related data and information;
- Develop various databases using open source programming in a web-based environment, for integration in the database system.
- Setting up a working procedure for transfer of data and information from various stakeholders;
- Compile food security outcome indicators and contributing factors data and information available at national and international organisations (UN, NGOs, etc.) operating in Yemen;
- Store properly all available data sets and related information disaggregated by governorate and districts;
- Perform other related duties when required.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- BA/BSc degree in Statistics, Information Management or in a related technical discipline,
- Minimum five years of field level experience,
- Demonstrated ability to implement a variety of data and information compilation and storage methodologies,
- proficiency in SPSS and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), ability to maintain basic websites
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with multiple governmental institutions and international organisations (UN agencies , NGOs),
- Proficiency in application of statistical soft wares(SPSS),
- Working knowledge of English.
Candidates will be assessed against the following:
- Extent and depth of knowledge and experience in data and information management within in a context of food security, agriculture, nutrition, market information analysis and assessments of food security based needs;
- Extent and depth in statistical, analytic and technical skills including database management and data analysis, high level of proficiency in SPSS and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), ability to maintain basic websites, ability to produce data summaries and visualizations, GIS knowledge an advantage.
- Demonstrated capacity to support, advise and guide training processes on data and information storage and management;
- Ability to plan, organize, implement and report on work;
- Working experience in the similar field in Yemen;
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills in English.
All applications should be sent to HR-Yemen@fao.org (The Job Title and location should be mentioned in the subject line of the email application).
- Project-based post
- 1 year (extendable) including three-month probationary period
- Motivation/cover letter
- create a table as follows and put it as a covering page to the application
Relevant experience (in 10 bullet points max, 100 words max)
Motivation for the position (in 30 words max)
- Only candidates that comply with the above will be taken into account.