Ended Safety & Security Assistant
Position: Safety & Security Assistant.
Contract Type: Fixed.
Vacancy Reference Number: SSA_SNA19
PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
The security unit is responsible for the identification of threats to IRY; development of strategic, regional and country-specific threat assessments; provision of analytical and assessment support to all field offices; development of methodologies for security analysis and training of IRY staff in relation to security and safety; distribution of security threat information to IRY Management; and development of security risk assessments. .
The Safety & Security Assistant will work closely with IRY Safety and Security team to carry out safety and security assessments, make recommendations and provide support for the implementation of IRY programs in the country. The Safety & Security help in the implementation process of Islamic Relief’s Safety and Security Policy and Standards within country programs and help drive systemic change in the quality of safety and security management in effective and efficient manner.
SCOPE AND AUTHORITY
Scope of the Role:
Reporting to the Safety& Security Officer, He/she will work to ensure effective management, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of all safety and security related issues.
Responsibility for Resources:
- The staff will take care of any asset issued to him during his tenure and report any loss or damage to his line manager and other concerned departments where this applies.
- The staff will properly file and safely store all safety and security documents both in hard and soft copies and produce them any time they are required
- He/she will utilize any hired vehicle or other equipment in favour of IRY interests.
- The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, hone
- sty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff. This includes but not limited to:
JOB DISCRIBTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Assists in the development of security plans and other contingencies.
- Undertake periodic security assessments.
- Assists in undertaking implementation and compliance with IRY Safety & Security Policy and Standards.
- Assists in developing, coordinating and deliver capacity building in safety and security training for staff.
- Maintain relationships with security-related actors, including government law enforcement authorities and NAMCH.
- Assists in incident mapping, reporting, and analysis.
- Ensures all security related information is timely shared with staff in Sana’a and SFPs in the field levels.
- Transmits and receives messages.
- Assists in providing safety security management advice, and guidance.
- Oversee daily management of the security guards
- Track all field missions and movement of staff.
- Provide updates and information, verbally and in writing as well as send advisories when required.
- Ensures that all security administration (e.g. records, files, documentation) is handled in a thorough and timely manner.
- Ensures that all security related data and files are constantly updated.
- Assist in providing security briefings and other security related inductions.
- Undertake other security-related functions or responsibilities assigned by the Security Officer.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Experience of working with INGOs in security management is preferred, but other relevant areas would be considered.
- A Bachelor Degree in Development and/or Humanitarianism, Social Sciences, Security Management or a relevant field.
- Native Arabic speaker and advanced English language skills a necessity.
- Skilled in the use of all computer applications.
- Excellent communication skills and an enthusiasm to learn.
- Ability to develop and implement successful training sessions;
- Experience of liaising and negotiating with state and non-state actors
- Full understanding of the security context in Yemen.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong knowledge of safety and security management.
- Ability to plan and organize work independently with minimal supervision paying attention to detail and completing the planned tasks in timely manner
- Supervisory and managerial skills with proven ability to manage a demanding workload
- Fluent in both English and Arabic (written and spoken)
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and written/verbal communication skills,
Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, facilitating change, problem solving, team player, collaboration, developing teams, interpersonal skills, contributing to team success, negotiating, planning and organization. Willingness and ability to travel approximately.
- At least Bachelor’s degree.
- Professional studies/courses in safety and security from recognised institutions will be an added advantage.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation, with a commitment to teamwork.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others.
- Ability to multi-task and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines.
- Understanding and commitment to safeguarding and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse policies.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to Click Here .
- All applications must include the vacancy reference number in the Reference No.
- Qualified Females are strongly encouraged to apply
- Only Short –listed candidates will be contacted.