Ended Antibiotic Stewardship Doctor (M/F)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières France is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit for the following position:
Antibiotic Stewardship Doctor (M/F)
Location: KHAMER, HUTH (AMRAN) and HAYDAN (SAADA)
Contract type: MSF-F FIXED TERM CONTRACT – 6 MONTHS RENEWABLE
Reporting to: AMRAN MEDICAL REFERENT
Lead an antibiotic stewardship program in North Yemen Projects; Amran (80%) and Haydan (20% depending on activity) hospitals including technical support to all the different departments involved.
- Governance and strategy
- Implement antibiotic steering committee, composed of multidisciplinary members, including medical doctors (GPs and Specialists), nurses, pharmacy team, IPC Officer and any others involved, to assist in the development, implementation and audit of prescribing, administration and supply policies and guidelines to encourage optimal and rational antimicrobial prescribing and in particular to contribute to the management of hospital acquired infections.
- Build up and maintain a database on antibiotic use and patient outcomes in the facilities
- Collaborate in the development of adapted guidelines related to antibiotics and infection control in the hospital.
- Support and/or lead studies and surveys that might involve the use of antibiotics, nosocomial infections or infection control.
- Deliver relevant reports documenting antibiotic stewardship processes, outcomes and constraints, proposing solutions and improvements. In collaboration with Coordination
- Operations support & training
- Support all related activities including hospital infection control and surgical site infection follow-up in close collaboration with the IPC Officer.
- Perform close follow up of isolated patients. Daily support for IPD doctors in charge of isolated patients.
- Increase awareness towards MDR organisms including its characteristics, mechanism of resistance, ways of transmission, infectivity and best way of management in different correlated syndromes considering the most frequent MDR organisms in the hospital (and community) and using different educational tools.
- Support OPD in case of any patient ongoing treatment for infectious diseases acquired in the hospital. With collection of relevant data, trainings and or treatment suggestions to the Doctors or Nurses involved in the cases.
- Train all doctors in correct diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases, through theoretical and bedside teaching
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Compulsory : Medical Degree valid to practice in Yemen
- Previous experience of at least two years in diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases
- Proficiency in Arabic and English languages
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, internet research)
- Prior experience in MSF or other NGOs is an asset
Candidates should submit a Cover Letter, CV, copies of diplomas, copies of relevant training and work certificates (originals will be asked during interview), and any recommendations from previous employers to the following :
Médecins sans Frontières France – Admin office – Khamer
(Please specify in the subject of the e-mail “ANTIBIOTIC STEWARDSHIP DOCTOR - HOSPITAL”)
Deadline for application: March 21st 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered. Any documents sent to MSF-F (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned by MSF-F