Ended Senior HR& Admin Officer
DIVISION / DEPARTMENT / LOCATION: / Yemen – Amran / Khamer
JOB FAMILY: Human resource / Business Support
Oxfam GB has been working in Yemen for the past 28 years focusing primarily on water, sanitation and hygiene (WaSH) programming as well as addressing food insecurity risks and working with vulnerable communities on increased access to livelihoods, promoting gender and governance.
Since the escalation of the conflict in March 2015, the already critical situation in Yemen has turned into the largest humanitarian crisis in the region. Among a population which was previously affected by increased levels of water scarcity, limited access to sanitation facilities, soaring food prices and high rates of malnutrition, almost 16 million are now in need of humanitarian assistance.
In the course of the conflict, Oxfam has scaled up the provision of water, sanitation and hygiene services Northern and Southern and works with a network of partners, municipal departments and authorities to increase access to basic services.
Oxfam will open up a programme in Amran district to support the conflict affected communities and people in need in with access to water, sanitation and hygiene, including protection and emergency food security and livelihoods.
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering
JOB PURPOSE: To perform human resource and administrative tasks to support delivery of a discrete work area, enabling those supported to be more effective.
REPORTING LINES: Country HR Manager Potholder reports to:Programme Manager
Staff reporting to this post: HR/Admin Officer, HR /Admin Assistant & cleaners
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: None
- Draw from a number of information sources to inform individual and group decisions.
- Solves basic problems, which have some variety, and takes decisions based on a number of possible options.
- Communicates widely within the department, with some Oxfam contacts and/or wider external contacts.
- Contributes to the development of improvements to the department's services, procedures and systems.
- Plan, manage and coordinate employee sourcing, assessment and deployment in Amran:-
- Developing and maintain staffing establishment status report on a periodic basis for management information;
- Develop and update a databank for advertised jobs in Oxfam Amran:-
- Lead the recruitment, testing and selection process for Amran jobs;
- Support the development of selection criteria, tests and interview schedules for all Amran job families when positions fall vacant;
- Assist in developing short-listing criteria as well as a detailed list of applicants ranked against the selection criteria and share with relevant user unit heads for review.
- Participate in and document the recruitment exercise, its process, outputs and outcomes and disseminate to relevant stakeholders in line with the HR Policy
- Arrange for induction as they arise
- In coordination with the PM/CD prepare and issue contracts for national staff, casual workers, local consultants and service providers.
- Oversee monitoring of staff attendance and welfare
- Ensure employees’ personal files, annual leave balances and sick records up to date and according to HR procedure.
- Monitor the Oxfam Amran payroll and advise the Country HRM on any changes before salaries are effected.
- Plan and Manage the performance and development of staff in line with the HR Strategy; supervise the implementation by:-.
- Support training needs assessment, develop and lead the implementation of an annual training plan for Amran staff in line with performance appraisal reports
- Supervise the development of a periodic staff performance assessment report for management information and advice
- Provide technical guidance to Oxfam management in Amran on how to reward or deal with exceptional and poor performance respectively Implement mechanisms for the management, maintenance of and access to Human resource information, records, reports and Knowledge..
- Provide Health and Safety advice and to proactively carry out risk assessments, including issues around staff health and welfare.
- Management of GOLD and personnel records in accordance with OGB standards across the programme.
- Support Line Managers and HR staff on HR business processes and adhere to the standards required.
- Maintain recruitment/capacity planner.
- Ensure applicable reward policies (TOIL, HTW etc) are communicated to all staff.
- Implement the Oxfam standard operating guidelines for general administrational and provide administrative support to staff and visitors.
- Manage occupational health and safety procedures and equipments (e.g. fire extinguishers) and service them according to supplier's recommendations
- With the Security Officer, coordinate and ensure maximum safety of the office.
- Maintaining, keeping track of, and update records and payment schedules of the office utilities.
- Coordinate the maintenance and management of Oxfam office and guest house furniture, equipment other facilities and utilities.
- Maintain effective communication in the office.
- Coordinate and overall manage office running and management (maintenance, repairs; equipment; stationery).
- Ensure office supplies and stationary are available for office use.
- Ensure good maintenance for Oxfam – Ammran premises.
- Conducting periodic appraisal of staff in the section and recommend improvements in their performance as well as provide guidance, coaching and mentoring support to enhance their performance
- Support and supervise the admin and HR assistants and the cleaners.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
The post holder will have:
- First degree or equivalent in business administration or a relevant discipline (preferably social science or arts subjects
- At least 3 years of experience in the same position (HR/Admin)
- Detail oriented and good record keeper
- Able to draft standard letters and other written communications
- Good time management with ability to prioritise
- Able to multi-task in dealing with all three components of the job
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in all aspects of working.
- Solutions focused, looks for ways to make the achievement of objectives possible.
- Anticipates outcomes of activities and uses initiative to keep these activities on course.
- Has a good knowledge of the work of department and able to self start
- Written and spoken English essential.
- Proven ability to organise work effectively
- Computer literate, including word processing, databases/ spreadsheet use
- Experience in Administration
- Service oriented
- Achieving Results: Organisation to Work Effectively; Drive to Achieve Results; Tenacity; Initiative
- Thinking & Understanding: Organisational Awareness; Knowledge Management; Analytical Thinking
- Self Management: Managing Emotions; Self Awareness; Adaptable & Flexible; Respect for Others
- Working Effectively With Others: Following; Supporting Others; Interpersonal Awareness; Communications; Influencing Others
- Leading Others: Delegation; Taking Charge
- Job Specific: Written and Verbal Arabic, and English
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application: