The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Contract type : Open Ended
Level of Post : B1
Number of Posts : 1 Post
Duty Station : Sa’ada
Accountant 1 is in charge of preparing, reconciling and analysing the accounting records and financial reports of the delegation/other structure under his/her responsibility
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Prepares and posts accounting entries in the accounting software on a regular basis.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of accounting transactions in accordance with financial procedures.
- Helps ensure that operations run smoothly through efficient cash-flow management, covering the fund needs of the delegation/structure.
- Keeps files up to date at all times and guarantees proper filing of relevant supporting documents for future reference, including audits.
- Performs integrity checks of accounting entries made on a regular basis.
- Participates in monthly closing activities.
- Knows, applies and complies with all administrative and financial procedures and deadlines linked to his/her work.
- Identifies anomalies or other issues and reports them to his/her supervisor
- Updates and retrieves data in/from specialized tools and databases.
- Internally, interacts with staff within the delegation or headquarters.
- Externally, interacts with commercial providers.
- University degree in accountancy or business administration.
- Excellent level of English
- Computer proficiency.
- Excellent in Excel.
Professional Experience Required
- 1-2 years' work experience in a similar field.
- Experience of international organizations an asset.
- Sound knowledge of accounting software.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
Please send your applications by email to: email@example.com
indicating in the subject line: Accountant
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 15.03.2019