ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
- Position: Archivist
- Department: Administration
- Location: Sanaa
- Contract Type: Fixed term
- Contract Duration: 6 months, renewable
Filing and Archiving:
- Archive files and any administrative documents.
- Maintain electronic/hardcopy filing documents for the national staff files and make sure that they are kept up to date, particularly for contracts, extensions and amendments.
- Ensure all documents have been scanned in a good quality
- Store them properly documented in the archiving room
- Meticulously name and classify each file/document stored in computer, to insure easy access.
- Follow up with bases for any missing documents and make sure that all required documents are fully completed, by creating, excel sheet database (Checklist) – to ensure proper follow up and report any missing documents.
- Link with compliance to solve any issue that could outcome from the archiving process
- Prepare the required documents in case of external/internal audit, under supervision of the line supervisor.
- Responsible for scanning, coding files, receiving contracts from capital, and follow up with missing contracts.
- Responsible for reviewing and updating the staff files on daily basis.
- Extend other assistance to the department when required.
- Updating the filing template on weekly basis.
- Make sure filing is done following ACTED’s guidelines
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience):
- University degree or a diploma in any relevant field
- Good computer knowledge (Word and Excel)
- Organized and has good archiving and filing skills
- Very good in both English and Arabic
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Discipline and punctuality
- Resilience, patience and acquires sense of confidentiality
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: "Archivist-Sanaa”.
- The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 19 March 2019.
- Candidates must rename CV & Cover letter: (First & Surname + Archivist- Sana’a)
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date”
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification