Ended Programme Support Assistant
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position: PROGRAMME SUPPORT ASSISTANT (NFI/SHELTER/CCCM)
Organizational Unit: (Shelter/NFI/CCCM)
Duty Station: Yemen, Sana’a
IOM Classification: G5
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No.: SVN2019-038
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Monday 18, March 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Deputy Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Senior Programmes Coordinator, Sana’a, the Programme Support Assistant will contribute to ensuring the processes in the Shelter / NFI / CCCM unit are efficiently implemented in accordance with IOM standards and best practices.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Perform and coordinate all administrative functions of the Shelter/NFI/CCCM unit;Create and follow up on signatures of PRFs and RFPs; follow up with Procurement and Finance units until the costs are reflected in PRISM, and the PRFs have MIGOs and MIROs;Receive, review, and have TAs and TECs of staff members signed; follow up with Finance Unit until the costs are reflected in PRISM;Update and maintain the Shelter/NFI/CCCM budget matrix; review the matrix monthly with Finance unit and flag potential issues to the Senior Programmes Coordinator;Coordinate internal travel requests; liaise with the relevant units to get all necessary authorizations; assist supervisors on any administrative issues with local government authorities, including drafting NV and letters;Liaise with sub-offices, field staff and partners with regards to financial transfers;
- Verify beneficiaries’ lists, as required;
- Create, organize and manage the filing system of all EHA documents and reports;
- Maintain contact lists for the Shelter/NFI, CCCM and WASH units;
- Go on field missions, as needed, to provide technical assistance to the field teams;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or similar field of study from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience
- At least five years working experience in accounting, finance and/or administrative support roles (three years with a university degree);
- Experience in coordinating with multiple units and ability to establish and maintain excellent working relations;
- Good command of both written and spoken English;
- Proficiency in Excel and MS word; Knowledge of SAP an advantage.
Language: English and Arabic
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
indicating position applied on subject line by Monday 18th March, 2019.
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line SVN2019/038 Sana’a, PROGRAMME SUPPORT ASSISTANT G5
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 05.March.2019 to 18.March.2019