Ended Project Assistant
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position: PROJECT ASSISTANT (NFI/SHELTER/CCCM)
Organizational Unit: (Shelter/NFI/CCCM)
Duty Station: Yemen, Sana’a
IOM Classification : G 4
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2019-039
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Monday 18, March 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
OM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Programmes Coordinator (Shelter/NFI/CCCM) and the direct supervision of the National Project Officer, Sana’a, the Junior Project Assistant will contribute to the technical and administrative delivery of project components.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Draft agreements for selected implementing partners and support in liaising with IOM’s Legal Department for approval;Follow up with implementing partners on the timely submission of reports/milestone documents.Assist with informal translation of documents and reports from Arabic to English and vice versa as required;Assist in preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly, interim and final Narrative reports;Draft reporting templates and assist with their implementation;Follow up with field teams to prepare success stories;Provide secretarial and administrative support to the unit as required;Perform any other tasks as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree (B.S.c) in social science, business administration or other relevant discipline.
- At least 2 years’ experience in reporting and contracts drafting.
- Recognized knowledge on different reporting/contracts templates.
- Professional experience with UN agencies or other international organizations would be an asset.
- Good level of IT literacy (MS. Word & Excel)
Languages: English and Arabic
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
indicating position applied on subject line by Monday 18th, March, 2019.
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line SVN2019/039 Sana’a, PROJECT ASSISTANT G4
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 05.March.2019 to 18.March.2019