Ended Finance Assistant / Cashier (2)
TITLE: Finance Assistant / Cashier (2)
Ref: (contract ref see HR department)
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Under the management of the Finance Manager in Aden, the Finance Assistant will support the implementation and the follow up of financial procedures and questions for the Aden base Office. According to the position, the Finance Assistant must keep all the data confidential, and share it only with the designated persons. Should the employee not comply with these rules, he/she will be charged for serious professional misconduct.
Line manager: Finance Manager
Line manager+1: Admin Manager Support (International)
Team Managed: NA
Technical link: Deputy Finance Coordinator
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTANCY
- Ensure the quality of the invoices and respect financial procedures/guidelines before payments
- If necessary translate into English the invoices and all necessary documents.
- Record the expenditures in FS Journals / Navision with the information provided in TAFF, PSR, Training & Travel forms, etc.
- Ensure consistency on allocations (job, task, funding, funding body section code, site)
- Make the scan of the accountancy on a regular basis to be sent to Yemen Coordination team;
- Prepare the monthly closure of the accountancy with the Finance Manager to send to the Yemen Coordination team in Sana’a.
- Responsible of the cashbox;
- Realize all payments in cash in the respect of HI procedures, and manage advances with Logistics Department;
- Limit cash flow shortage by anticipating cash and money change needs.
- Ensure quality of supporting documents and record expenditures into FS Journals / Navision according to monthly report after review by the Senior Finance Officer.
- Prepare and update Action Plan / Reporting on a monthly basis;
- Provide any additional support upon request of Line Manager;
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
The working hours are the following: Sunday to Thursday – 8.00 to 4.30 (with 30 minutes lunch break)
Note that the working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the local labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
As the position is involved in sensitive topics, he/she must observed absolute discretion within and outside the organization.
A non-respect of this clause might have immediate dismissal as a result.
- The salary will be defined according to HI’s existing salary scale
- Based in Aden, with frequent movements to the field
- Start: ASAP
- 30 day leave/year + benefits (transport allowance, health insurance, life insurance)
- The working hours are the following: 8:00 to 16:30 (with 30 minutes lunch break) from Sunday to Thursday.
- Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemen labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
Any breach of the above-mentioned responsibilities, of the Internal Regulation or of Terms and Conditions of Engagement may be sanctioned by a written warning or immediate dismissal if appropriate.
- Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter in English, with the reference in the email subject: YEME/HR/2019/PROG/FINANCE ASSISTANT/ADEN+Applicant full NAME
Deadline for applications is 11:30 pm on Friday, March 15th, 2019.
- Please include at least three references (stating the names of your Line Managers and an HR member for each reference), copies of Experience Certificates, and a copy of your national ID in your application.
- Please address all applications to: email@example.com
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Handicap International, is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.