Ended Monitoring & Evaluation Senior Officer
SOUL for Development is a national NGO, founded in February 1997, by a group of Yemeni professionals out of their desire to achieve a higher quality of life for Yemeni women and children, and contribute to the development process of the nation. Since its establishment it has implemented more than 50 programs and projects in health, nutrition, youth and NGOs capacity buildings, early childhood development, and relief for development. It is currently operating in Sana’a, Taiz and Dhamar governorates.
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Senior Officer (1).
Location: Sana’a (1).
Contract Type: Fixed-Term/Full Time.
Contract Duration: One Year.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Senior Officer will report to the M& E Unit Manager and work closely with the projects’ implementation unit team. Ensure that the M&E activities are in line with the projects’ implementation plans and the organization’s strategies. Knowledge of research methodology in the social sciences and information management is a key function for this position. The main responsibility of the M&E Senior Officer is in the area of designing and putting into use planning, monitoring and evaluation tools to assist the Projects Unit in carrying out its role effectively and efficiently.
- Assist the projects development unit in developing M&E strategies for grants and concept notes.
- Coordinates with field officers on M&E activities.
- Monitor and carry out quality assurance spot checks on each project site.
- Supervise data entry of monitoring forms to ensure data quality and accuracy.
- Review monitoring/field visits reports and analyze them for impact evaluation and achievement of the project’s objectives.
- Communicate monitoring and evaluation activities on a monthly basis.
- Support in assessing the progress of the organization strategic goals as per its 3 Years Strategic Plan.
- Support the projects unit in applying the M&E guidelines and tools as per the M&E manual.
- Develop knowledge management activities, identifying lessons learned during projects implementation or successful innovations.
- Design quantitative and qualitative methods and tools to collect data, and train staff on their use
- Assist in rolling out the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Monitor the application of the ERP system and documents comments.
- Monitor the performance of all projects and provide reports as needed.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Graduate degree preferably in social sciences, international development or equivalent with a minimum of two- year professional experience.
- Prior experience in monitoring and evaluation of international development programs, including developing performance indicators, data tools and analysis.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge and demonstrated capacity of databases: SPSS, Excel, and Google form is an asset.
- Willing to undertake regular field visits to other governorates.
- Good analytical, and excellent oral communication, teamwork and people skills
- Familiarity with data collection tools, data processing and analysis and monitoring techniques is a plus.
- Strong command of both Arabic and English languages.
- Very good command of MS Office applications.
- Qualified candidates are invited to fill their information and submit their CVs in the below link
- Applications with no detailed information within the specified Form will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, selection processes would be on a rolling basis.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for receiving applications is 31.3.2019