Ended Finance Senior Officer
SOUL for Development is a national NGO, founded in February 1997, by a group of Yemeni professionals out of their desire to achieve a higher quality of life for Yemeni women and children, and contribute to the development process of the nation. Since its establishment it has implemented more than 50 programs and projects in health, nutrition, youth and NGOs capacity buildings, early childhood development, and relief for development. It is currently operating in Sana’a, Taiz and Dhamar governorates.
Job Title: Finance Senior Officer
Contract Type: Fixed-Term/Full Time.
Contract Duration: One year.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
- Accountable for monitoring the progress of projects finance, investigating variances, and ensuring that project invoices are issued to donors and payments collected.
- Create project account in the accounting system; process financial transactions and vouchers; thoroughly checking and correcting the project accounts and other relevant financial records.
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders.
- Review supplier invoices related to a project.
- Process invoices and payment requests related to a project.
- Prepare all periodic project financial reports (e.g. Budget vs. Actual, Remaining Funds) in a timely manner.
- Prepare, review, and regularly update the project Cash Flow Forecast. Share it with Finance to incorporate it into the consolidated Cash Flow Forecast.
- Participate in periodic inventories of project fixed assets.
- Prepare weekly or monthly reconciliations with banks and exchangers.
- Archive vouchers with attachments in accordance with procedures set forth by SOUL.
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to project leadership (i.e., Project Officer, Project Director, and PIU Manager) and Finance.
- Review and report payroll and wages payments and ensure that legal entitlements are deducted; create government reports and tax returns related to projects.
- Reviewing procurement vouchers and review the supporting documentations.
- Assist in the preparation of projects budgets.
- Act as a single point of contact with other departments with respect to project financial matters.
- Develop external relationships with appropriate contacts (e.g., auditors, solicitors, and bankers).
- Compile project information for audit purposes; work closely with internal and external auditors.
- Process remittances and advances and submit status reports to project leadership.
- Close out project accounts upon project completion.
Qualifications & Experience:
- B.Sc. in Accounting
- At least 3 years of experience in project accounting and budgeting
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Very good leadership and problem solving skills
- Attention to details and high level of accuracy
- Effective listening; verbal and writing communication skills
- Strong command of Arabic and English languages
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (mainly, MS Excel)
- Qualified candidates are invited to fill their information and submit their CVs in the below link:
- Applications with no detailed information within the specified Form will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, selection processes would be on a rolling basis.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for receiving applications is 31.03.2019