Ended Project Assistant (Distribution) (5)
Vacancy Announcement – Project Assistant (Distribution) (5) - Hodeidah/Raymah
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Al-Dhalee, Saadah, Al Jawf and currently in Aden
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in Hodeidah.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Project Assistant (Distribution) (5)
Under authority of: Deputy Project Manager, Project Manager
Internal Relations: Program staff, support staff
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months, renewable
- Manage the team of daily workers
- Ensures all activities are in line with general protection principles as relevant, including maintaining the confidentiality of beneficiaries and colleagues.
Meetings / Coordination
- Coordinate with project colleagues, notably community mobilizers, engineer teams, and M&E
- Participate in external coordination meetings as requested by the project officer
- Organizes and participates in external meetings with community leaders and cooperatives, as requested by the project officer.
- Implement the activities on the field as agreed with the project officer
- Ensure community acceptance of the project through positive interactions and clear communication to beneficiaries and communities in the field.
- Takes into consideration the AMEU’s recommendations as communicated by the project officer
- Coordinate with contractors as requested by the project officer
- Provide a regular and timely report on the activities implemented for the project officer
- Coordinate with database team to ensure the data entry
- Take photos and draft occasional success stories as identified in the field and by PD team.
- Reports ideas and information from project staff or field visits, which may assist in future project proposals. Such information will be included in reports.
Security & Liaison
- Considers safety and security in the field for the team and the beneficiaries
- Immediately report all incidents to the project officer
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience):
- University Degree in Social Sciences.
- Experience in Rapid Response Mechanism.
- Experience working with NFI and in-kind assistance distributions preferably with INGO.
- Good distribution organization and crowd control skills.
- Competencies in all computer domains including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision in a challenging environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of actors and stakeholders (e.g. IDPs, beneficiaries, community committees, and other team members).
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and covering letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail:"Hodeidah/Raymah-Project Assistant (Distribution)"
- Candidates must rename CV & Covering letter as (First & Surname +Hodeidah-Raymah- Project Assistant (Distribution)).
- The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 20 March 2019.
“Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date”.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification