Ended Travel Coordinator
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the position of
Travel Coordinator - Country Office
Ensure the delivery of a professional travel service for Save The Children (SCI )Yemen Staff including effective Visa issuing and Booking process, customer service and external supplier relationship in order to meet SCI Yemen strategy. This is achieved through the day-to-day coordination and follow up responsibility for the visa, residency and travel arrangement of SCI staff which includes following up on visa requests for Sana’a and Aden, closely monitoring, updating and following up the online trackers, coordination with UNHAS, WFP and travel agencies, and acting as a focal point for all travel and visa inquiries.
Regular and consistent coordination and teamwork with other staff, in the Country Office and sub-offices, is also essential. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
The role holder will be accountable for excellent travel experience for SCI Yemen Staff & Visitors
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- To supervise and ensure the bookings are followed up adequately in /out Yemen via UN Humanitarian Air Service (UNHAS) and WFP Boat (from Aden).
- Supervise the Visa Processing in Yemen (Sana’a & Aden) and ensure all visa requests and updates are tracked and followed up.
- Managing the relationship with the Travel Services Providers with support from Admin Manager.
- Develop tools for tracking visas & travel arrangements and make sure they are updated by the officers/travellers.
- Receive information from the visa officers in Sana’a and Aden and provide support in disseminating the information and timly sharing updates with the SMT and applicants.
- Identify opportunities for improving travel planning & arrangements for the benefit of SCI Yemen.
- To ensure travellers are provided with adquete travel advice and assistance in planning trips.
- Create and deveop a feedback mechanisim from travelers on the travel service provision and lead on addressing any issues to continually improve the travel experience.
- To act as a second line of support for travel booking.
- Follow up closely with Hub Office Admin Assistance for updates on visitors or arrivals to Amman.
- Maintain an updated tracker for travel plans (Current location / Quota in each location)
- Ensure that the updated APL (Authorized Personnel List) is shared with UNHAS on monthly bases according to UNHAS Deadlines.
- Ensure that travel needs are met within the constraints of the SCI travel budgets and policies.
- Ensure the timely processing of monthly payments for UNHAS/ WFP boat transports.
- Act as an escalation point for any travel related inquiry.
- Maintain an online filing system for Travel & Visa.
- Prepare Travel Guidelines & Forms and update them frequently.
- Bachelor Degree
- 3 years' work experience in coordinating travel arrangements.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication
- Working knowledge of the travel industry
- Team Supersion & Leadership Skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Understanding of travel policies and regulations
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to maintain and manage vendor relationships
- Excellent English skills
- Excellent Computer skills (MS Office Products)
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in YemeAll applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
“Please mention the Position and Duty Station on your email Subject”
Kindly send your application to: