Ended National Project Officer (Global Fund)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : National Project Officer (Global Fund)
Organizational Unit : Migrants Health Programme Unit ( GF )
Duty Station : Yemen, Aden
IOM Classification : NO-A
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2019-045
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Wednesday 20, March 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Working under the overall guidance of the Head of MHU and the direct supervision of the Project Manager (Global Fund) and the Head of Sub-Office IOM Aden, the incumbent will be responsible for implementation and coordination of MER project activities in Aden and select identified governorates in the South, as part of the agreed MER activities for Yemen. The incumbent is expected to carry out his/her duties in accordance with highest ethical standards and with due respect for gender and socio-cultural sensitivity.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:Coordinate implementation and monitoring of planned MER activities for HIV, TB and Malaria in Aden and other governorates in South.Coordinate with the officials of ministry of health and focal points of national disease control programs (TB, HIV and malaria) and related other ministries for the smooth implementation of project activities.Provide technical guidance to the implementation of the MER activities according to the operational plan / work plan and activities timeline and in alignment with national program guidelines.Monitor project implementation in conjunction with national programmes focal persons; personally, visit intervention sites and provide supportive supervision of project activities to ensure delivery of project outcomes defined in the performance framework and at a community level.
- Identify problems/challenges in project implementation that hindered activity implementation and identify possible solutions to fast-track backdated activities.
- Coordinate the creation, collection and sharing of information related to GF MER in appropriate format requested by GF MER project.
- Prepare and submit a weekly situation report to the GF MER Project Manager Yemen and the Head of Sub-Office Aden, on the status of project implementation and on any important developments including regular reporting on stock levels at the GF Aden warehouse to support the decision-making process on future deliveries and distribution plan.
- Prepare quarterly reports in the prescribed format as per the need of MER project. 9- Participate in the preparation of annual and quarterly work plans, including budgets
- Coordinate the creation, collection and sharing of information related to GF MER in appropriate forums
- In liaison with the GF MER Project Manager Yemen, share information on incoming shipments through Aden port with the respective national programmes focal points and ensure the timely approval of any required supporting documents to smoothen the customs clearance formalities.
- Coordinating with the warehouse focal person at the GF warehouse, ensure availability of adequate space for incoming cargo and monitor the timely distribution of the products to identified distribution centres following an approved distribution plan.
- Undertake other duties that may be assigned from time to time which are relevant to the position.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree from an accredited academic institution in Medicine, Public Health, Nursing or a related field of study from an accredited academic institution with two years of professional experience
- Minimum two years professional working experience in related field, preferably within migration health, immigration medical assessments, epidemiology and/or international public health;
- Hands-on technical experience working in disease control programs in the governmental or nongovernmental sector; understanding of the elements of WHO / UNAIDS global strategies for HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria and challenges to their implementation; experience in capacity building /mentoring
- Health Sector experience in difficult areas/situations in Yemen
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, integrity and commitment in carrying out responsibilities; Independent Worker;
Languages: English and Arabic
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
by Wednesday 20 March, 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line “SVN2019/045 Aden, National Project Officer (GF) – NOA “
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 07.March.2019 to 20.March.2019