Project Assistant (Global Fund)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : Project Assistant (Global Fund)
Organizational Unit : Migrants Health Programme Unit ( GF )
Duty Station : Yemen, Sana’a
IOM Classification : G 4
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2019-046
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Wednesday 20, March 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
OM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Working under the overall supervision of the Head of Migration Health Unit and the direct supervision of the Project Manager of Global Fund Middle East Response (MER) Project, the incumbent will be responsible for providing standard support in the implementation of Global Fund MER project in Yemen. In particular, he/she will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support MER project in terms of organizing activities and field missions, file document from national programs, support in organization of training and raise PRF.
- Communicate and consult with supervisor on any administrative issues with the respective government authorities for a proper response.
- Carry out arrangements for international staff field visits, support of visa, arranging the meeting with government staff
- Provide the necessary administrative internal follow-up and archive documents related to all official documents related to training, visas, supervision visits
- Coordinate with procurement and logistic units for the procurement of office supplies and equipment required for national programmes.
- Prepare and track procurement documents for approval by the Project Manager, SRMO/COM and Procurement Officer including following up on orders’ payments with the Finance Unit.
- Coordinate with national programmes (the Sub-Recipients) mainly for the procurement of items required for the programmes including follow up for confirmation of delivery.
- Prepare payments requests as received from the field/ National Programs coordinate with the relevant units to get the needed approvals and maintain records within the framework of the project and IOM.
- Support the organization, logistics and coordination of meetings, workshops, and training events
- Support all project daily administrative activities
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree / Certificate in Business Management, Office Management, Public Administration with two years professional experience in the same capacity, or
- High School diploma with four years of relevant experience
- Minimum Four years’ experience (Two years for University Degree Holders) in related field, carrying out tasks in an independent manner within tight deadlines;
- Experience and ability to deal with government officials in a professional manner; Experience organizing training and meetings with governmental staff; Experience in project management and administration; Organizational and Time Management Skills; Communication, Inter personal and Negotiation Skills;
Languages English and Arabic
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility.
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter.
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
- Resource Mobilization - establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
by Wednesday 20 March, 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one
page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line “SVN2019/046 Sana’a, Project Assistant (GF) – G4 “
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 07.March.2019 to 20.March.2019