Ended Junior Administrative Assistant (GF)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : Junior Administrative Assistant (GF)
Organizational Unit : Migrants Health Programme Unit ( GF )
Duty Station : Yemen, Aden
IOM Classification : MPH – M3
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) MPH Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2019-046
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Wednesday 20, March 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Under the overall guidance of Head of Sub-office Aden and direct supervision of the National Project Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting Global Fund project administrative issues mainly support in organization of training, clear project administrative files, coordination of missions, and others. In particular, he/she will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support MER project in terms of organizing activities and field missions, file document from national programs, support in organization of training and raise PRF.
- Provide clerical support to any administrative issues with the respective government authorities including drafting NV and letters
- Support the organization of international staff field visits, support of visa, arranging the meeting with government staff
- Assist in the necessary administrative internal follow-up and archive documents related to all official documents related to training, supervision visits
- Support in compiling and sharing information on incoming shipments through Aden port with the respective national programmes focal points for the timely approval of any required supporting documents to smoothen the customs clearance formalities
- Support coordination with the warehouse focal person at the GF warehouse, ensure availability of adequate space for incoming cargo and support the timely distribution of the products to identified distribution centres following an approved distribution plan
- Support all project daily administrative activities
- Perform any other duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Higher Diploma in Business Management, Office Management, Public Administration with one year professional experience in the same capacity, or
- High School diploma with three years of relevant experience in a busy office performing the same responsibilities
- Experience and ability to deal with government officials in a professional manner
- Experience organizing training and meetings with governmental staff
- Experience in project management and administration
Languages English and Arabic
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility.
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter.
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
- Resource Mobilization - establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 20 March, 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line “SVN2019/047 Aden, Junior Administrative Assistant (GF) – M3 “
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 07.March.2019 to 20.March.2019