Ended Hygiene promotion Assistant (2)
Hygiene promotion Assistant (2) – Based in Taiz
Save the Children International (SCI) Yemen Country Programme has an annual budget of around USD 70 million and growing, working mainly on the humanitarian response to the ongoing conflict and its impact including more recently on the cholera outbreak. The SCI Yemen has over 700 staff and 1500 volunteers and works in nine governorates in the north and south of the country through seven field offices and two sub-offices in addition to the main office in Sana’a
The Hygiene promotion Assistant is responsible for assisting the Hygiene promotion officer in carrying out initial needs assessment in the field for program design and implementation with a particular focus on sanitation and hygiene promotion. Carry out personal interview at household level, facilitation of focus group discussions, visits to sites and infrastructures, and meeting with key members of community. Participate in hygiene promotion campaigns, prepare written material for the field, elaborate clear and adapted message for beneficiaries. He/She will participate in emergency preparedness activities and be ready to respond in the event of an emergency, as required
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Setting up and follow-up of hygiene promotion activities such as:
- Direct animation of community hygiene promotion sessions
- Identification, training and follow-up of activities of community hygiene promotion volunteers
- Training of Trainers in hygiene promotion (to WASH committee members, teachers, health workers ...),
- Setting up of children clubs and hygiene promotion in schools
- Supervision of cleaning campaigns
- Ensure community mobilization on all WASH sector related issues
- Oversee the distribution of hygiene, cleaning and water treatment kit for health centers, schools and families beneficiaries,
- Develop techniques for home water treatment in the target communities
- Ensure that the hygiene promotion activities are made based on the quality standards established by Save the Children through quality checklists
- Participate in the implementation of KAP (Knowledge, Attitude and Practice) and initial and final PDM (Post Distribution Monitoring) for kits distributed
- Conduct water quality analyzes at household level (residual chlorine, bacteriological), in particular to assess the effectiveness of home water treatment, and report results to Hygiene Promotion Officer.
- Weekly collection and reporting of data necessary for the consolidation of project and strategic standard indicators (number of beneficiaries, number and type of activity performed, results of water analyzes performed ...)
- Monitoring of hygiene promotion activities realized by local partners of Save the Children such as the local NGOs, and participate in building their capacity.
- Weekly (or each time necessary) written and oral report for line manager,
- Work with other team members of save the children (WASH and non-WASH) working in the same communities, to ensure the integration and complementarity of the different sector of the intervention.
- To perform any other work related activities as agreed with your line management.
- University degree or diploma degree relevant the Job required with minimum of 1 years of working experience in WASH sector in a humanitarian or development context.
- Previous experience of emergency WASH promotion activities.
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated commitment to improving the lives of children and their families in the community.
- Strong understanding of water, sanitation and hygiene situation in the community
- Proven knowledge and skills in the field of water, sanitation and hygiene promotion
- Strong English as well as strong Arabic skills, written and spoken
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
- Ability to travel independently, including to rural communities, and work long hours.
- Strong understanding of the hygiene and sanitation practices in the community during the detailed KAP assessment and FGD “Focus group discussions”
- Good computer skills (MS Office: word, Excel, Power point and internet).
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen.
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guarding Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Interested candidates should apply via Hygiene Promotion Assistant Application Form
The deadline for receiving applications is 16/03/2019
Note: please send with your CV, the reference Request form which you could download it form the link bellow: