Counselor-Educator – Hajja City
MSF is an international medical, humanitarian, independent organization that provides assistance to populations in distress, victims of natural or man-made disasters and those deprived of healthcare irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
MSF is announcing the following position:
Position Title: Counselor-educator
Location: Hajja City
Duration: End of the year 2019 (renewable)
Main purpose of the position:
Perform counselling and/or education sessions to patients, following different medical and mental health MSF protocols and procedures, in order to improve their psychosocial condition.
- Identify the psychosocial, socio-economic and administrative needs for patients.
- Actively promote the availability of counselling and psychotherapy services, and carry out psycho educational group sessions, counseling sessions, psychological first aid, supporting group sessions, and recreational activities, for patients and their families/caretakers in order to alleviate their psychosocial difficulties within the project scope.
- Follow MSF protocols and procedures in screening and referring patients to other specialists or other institutions for further assistance, when necessary in order to propose the best support available.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for counseling activities and look after it.
- Keep files and statistics of daily activities and participate in team meetings to share experiences and discuss special cases with other counselors, preserving confidentiality.
- Inform line manager of any problem of any kind arising during the day-to-day activities.
- Take active part in trainings, supervisions/interventions and support the activities manager when necessary in doing sensitization for MSF staff or external partners about mental health /psychosocial issues.
- Discuss difficulties and problems in counseling with supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Counseling, Social work, Psychology or similar.
- Experience of at least one year, previous experience with MSF or any other NGO’s is desirable.
- Excellent command of Arabic Language and English language is desirable.
- A good user of MS package (Word, Excel and Internet) is also preferable.
Interested candidates are invited to send detailed CV and cover letter in English to the following email address: email@example.com
Deadline for the submission of applications is before the end of Sunday 17/03/2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the technical test and interview.
Please mention the position title “Counselor-Educator” in the subject of the email, otherwise the application won’t be considered.